The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway will present the annual NHRA Toyota Nationals for the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series Oct. 24-27. The NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series attracts the world’s biggest names in professional drag racing twice each year to America’s Greatest Drag Strip.
Pro qualifying (Top Fuel Dragster, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle) will take place on Friday and Saturday with eliminations on Sunday. Spectator gates open at 7:30 a.m. each day.
Ten reasons to get excited about the 2013 NHRA Toyota Nationals:
- Kids: Children 12 and under will be admitted free every day.
- Meet the racers: Free NHRA Fanfest and driver autograph session (with music and prize drawings) at the Fremont Street Experience on Thursday, Oct. 24, from 5-7 p.m. Free Don Schumacher Racing driver autograph session (Tony Schumacher, Antron Brown, Spencer Massey, Jack Beckman, Johnny Gray, Ron Capps, Matt Hagan) at the New York New York Hotel & Casino on Thursday, Oct. 24 from 6-8 p.m.
- Free mammograms: The Strip is “going pink” for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Women age 40 and older will receive free mammograms in the Nevada Health Center’s mobile unit in the pit area next to Alexis Dejoria’s hauler.
- And more pink: Many of the race cars will carry special pink color schemes to promote National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Watch for pink paint jobs on the cars of Antron Brown, Alexis Dejoria, Jeg Coughlin Jr. and Brittany Force, to name just a few.
- Championships: Fifteen-time Funny Car champion John Force could clinch the 2013 title at Las Vegas. Likewise, current Pro Stock points leader Jeg Coughlin could claim the title this weekend at the NHRA Toyota Nationals.
- Explosive speed: Top Fuel Dragsters and Funny Cars – powered by nitromethane-burning engines capable of producing 10,000 horsepower – rocket off the starting line and reach speeds in excess of 320 miles per hour in just 1,000 feet.
- Hometown heroes: Local racers will be participating in the NHRA Toyota Nationals, including 2010 NHRA SummitRacing.com Nationals Super Stock class winner Justin Lamb of Henderson. Lamb was the first Southern Nevada native to win an NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series national event at The Strip at LVMS.
- Unprecedented access: When the NHRA boasts, “Every ticket is a pit pass,” they mean it. You’re in the pit area as soon as you walk through the entrance gate and you can walk right up to your favorite driver’s camp and watch his team work on the car.
- Local boy makes good: Announcer Nathan Hirschi of Las Vegas made his career debut at The Strip at LVMS more than 10 years ago and will serve as chief announcer for the NHRA Toyota Nationals.
- Save money: Present your NHRA Toyota Nationals at the Bullring – Las Vegas Motor Speedway’s 3/8-mile asphalt oval – and receive a $5 discount on adult admission at the annual Fall Classic on Saturday, Oct. 26.
Tickets for the NHRA Toyota Nationals may be purchased online at www.LVMS.com, at the LVMS ticket office or by calling (702) 644-4444. Follow LVMS on Facebook and Twitter.