Jose Canseco is scheduled to appear and play in the 6th Annual Ante4Autism poker event in the Grand Event Center on Sunday, January 26 at 7pm at the Golden Nugget Las Vegas. The former Major League player will be helping raise money for Autism Speaks.
Jose played for 15 seasons in the big leagues and looks forward to playing in the event. Professional Poker player and Co-Host Karina Jett, who is a good friend of Jose’, said “He is very excited to join us this year and looks forward to a fun evening”.
In addition, “We have a host of other celebrities joining us” said Ante4Autism Co-Host Doug Krinsky. They are all scheduled to appear Sunday, January, 26, at the Golden Nugget Las Vegas at 7 PM and they include the following great actors, entertainers and professional poker players:
- Michael Turco – Magician, famous for his appearances in Las Vegas and appeared on the sixth season of “America’s Got Talent”
- Nick Tate – Actor, famous for roles in “The Great Gatsby”, the TV series “Pretty Little Liars” and “Murder She Wrote”
- Jeremy London – Actor, famous for his regular roles on TV series “Party of Five”, “I’ll Fly Away” and “7th Heaven”
- Nicholas Gonzales – Actor, famous for such movies as “Behind Enemy lines Part II: Axis of Evil”, and “Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid”
- Bill Parks – Actor, famous for appearances in such TV series as “The Middle”, “Justified” and “2 Broke Girls”
- Brian Krause – Actor, famous for his star role for 8 years in the TV series “Charmed”
- Josh Emerson – Actor, famous for appearances on “NCIS”
- Miko Hughes – Actor, famous for his portrayal of a 9 year old boy with Autism in “Mercury Rising” with Bruce Willis
- Erik Aude’ – Actor, famous for the TV series “NCIS LA” and the TV series “Parenthood” as well as being a professional poker player
- Omar Gooding – Brother of Cuba Gooding Jr., Actor, famous for the TV show – “Hanging with Mr. Cooper”
- Dante Basco – Actor, famous for the movie “Hook” in the role of “Rufio”
Co-Hosts want to invite everyone out to play in the poker tournament or stop by to watch the action. There will also be a silent auction of great sports memorabilia, jewelry, and entertainment items for everyone to bid on. Walk up players are welcome and donations can be made that night to support the event. Co-Host Randy Coconis stated, “We have plenty of room for everyone to play and look forward to another record crowd”.
Allen Parvizian, Co-Host, also mentioned, we want to thank all of our great sponsors: Diamond Sponsors: Symbol Mattress Company, APJL Consulting; Platinum Sponsors: Leggett & Platt, Mattress Matters, High Risk Pregnancy Center in Las Vegas; Gold Sponsors: Roger & Jeanne Magowitz, Karl & Cathi Glassman, Restonic Mattress, Silver Sponsors: Quality Mattress Outlet, Shari & Kevin Wagner, Corsicana, Myra Stone & Jake Monnier, a Special Fund for Charities, Mantua Manufacturing Company; and Bronze Sponsors: Janet Pickett, Wright Global Graphics, and Judi & Kerry Lebensburger. Registration, donation and sponsorship information is online at www.ante4autism.com. Sponsorships are still available at the following levels: $5,000 Diamond, $2,500 Platinum, $1,000 Gold, $500 Silver and $250 Bronze.
The buy in for this event is $125, with rebuys and add-ons available for only $40. $100 of each entry goes directly to Autism Speaks. All players will receive an Autism Speaks pin for entering, and light snacks and beverages will be provided throughout the event. All final table players will receive great merchandise prizes, and the winner will also receive the Grand Champion winner’s plaque! Complete details of the event are on the web site www.ante4autism.com and participants can register online now.
The Co-Host committee would like to thank our partners that have donated merchandise for this year’s event: Simmons Mattress Company, Solutions in Sleep, Tempur-Pedic, Restonic of New Albany, IN, The Cleveland Indians, and Chip & Karina Jett. Special thanks to Dan Phillips, RMG, Golden Nugget, and especially Karina Jett for their tremendous support of the Ante4autism event.
Co-Hosts for the 6th Annual event include: Karina Jett, Professional Poker player: Gary Blackney, Simmons: Allen Parvizian, APJL Consulting: Myra Stone, Independent Representative: Randy Coconis, Coconis Furniture; Richie Gallaher, Tempur-Pedic; Stuart Carlitz, Eclipse International; Phil Miner, Symbol Mattress; Mike McQuiston, Symbol Mattress; Jerry Williams, Retail Service Systems; Anthony Mehran, Huffman Koos Furniture; Joseph Amato, Mattress Matters; Mark Quinn, Leggett and Platt and Doug Krinsky, Restonic.