Smokey Robinson and the members of Human Nature will celebrate the 1,000th performance of their hit Las Vegas show “Smokey Robinson Presents Human Nature: The Motown Show” in Las Vegas on stage at The Sands Showroom at The Venetian Las Vegas on April 10 at 7 p.m.
Mentor, good friend, and show presenter Smokey Robinson will make a special appearance and perform with Human Nature marking their show achievement in true style.
Calling Las Vegas home since 2009, Human Nature came to the performing mecca as the #1 vocal group in Australia and quickly became one of the Las Vegas Strip’s favorite shows. Performing to sold-out audiences regularly, the multi-platinum selling band has brought the classic Motown sound full circle to critical acclaim.
“We are extremely proud of this achievement,” said Human Nature’s Andrew Tierney. “We have been performing together as a group for over 24 years, and it’s amazing that 1,000 of our shows in the U.S. have been in Las Vegas. It’s an honor to perform in front of people who have travelled from every corner of the world to Las Vegas and into our theater. Each and every show is special to the group and we are truly grateful to the audiences, fans, our band and partners.”
In honor of their 1,000 shows, Andrew, Mike, Phil and Toby were asked to give a rundown of the numbers that have contributed to the success of Human Nature: The Motown Show:
- 40 three-piece custom made Tuxedos
- 60 black bow-ties (only 2-3 missing without a trace – all Andrew’s)
- 120 various matching colored blazers
- 24,000 songs sung
- 2,500 throat lozenges (2,000 by Phil)
- 60 narrow cut straight black ties
- 16,500 batteries
- 4,000 Berocca tablets
- 800 fresh razor blades
- 80 black patent leather dancing shoes
- 1,500 shots of vodka (only 1 each at any time – except for Toby)
- 5,000 gallons or 20 000 liters of water
- 500,000 bums on seats
- 11,000 towels (only 5 by Mike – he never sweats)
- 9,000 light bulbs
- 500,000 miles travelled (3,000 of those while dancing on stage)
- 4 new additions to the Human Nature family (a daughter for Mike, a son and a daughter for Toby, and a son for Phil.)
- 8 shows cancelled (1 due to hangover. No names.)
- 4 singers
- 4 microphones
- 1,000 shows
Smokey Robinson Presents Human Nature: The Motown Show performs nightly at The Sands Showroom inside The Venetian Las Vegas Monday – Friday (dark Saturday and Sunday) at 7p.m. Tickets can be purchased at The Venetian Box Office, by visiting ticketmaster.com, or by calling (702)414-9000.