Guns N’ Roses guitarist Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal faces off with Hard Rock Hotel & Casino executives and Las Vegas personalities during Bumblefoot’s Spicy Food Challenge inside Pink Taco on Thursday, May 29 (Photo: © Erik Kabik / Retna / www.erikkabik.com).
Contestants will test their spice tolerance alongside Bumblefoot, and the participant that lasts the longest will be declared winner. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and AEG Live Las Vegas will provide the champion with a $1,000 donation to the charity of his or her choice and a gift bag. Potential benefitting charities include Amazing Gracie, Keep Memory Alive, Las Vegas Valley Human Society, Make-A-Wish Foundation of America, Wounded Warrior Project, The Shade Tree, among others.
Bumblefoot, a world-renowned and critically-acclaimed guitarist, has a special gift of consuming some of the world’s hottest foods. His tolerance is currently at 7.1 million Scoville units, which is three times stronger than commercial-grade pepper spray weapons.
Pink Taco will prepare several dishes with various levels of spices, each round getting hotter and hotter. Among the participants will be some of the property’s key organizers for the Guns N’ Roses’ An Evening of Destruction. No Trickery! residency including Hard Rock Hotel & Casino’s Chief Operating Officer Jody Lake, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino’s Vice President of Entertainment Chas Smith and AEG Live Las Vegas’ Vice President of Booking Bobby Reynolds.Smith will also fulfill hosting duties. In addition, several of the city’s well-known media personalities will brave the contest.
- Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal, Guns N’ Roses guitarist
- Jody Lake, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino chief operating officer
- Chas Smith, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino vice president of entertainment
- Bobby Reynolds, AEG Live Las Vegas vice president of booking
- Lorrin Bond, 97.1 The Point radio personality
- Sarah Feldberg, Las Vegas Weekly editor
- Brian Hammer, Morning Host 107.9 BOB-FM
- John Katsilometes, Las Vegas Sun editor at large
- Al Miller, KOMP 92.3 radio personality
- Mayleen Ramey, OK! TV host and producer
- Kim Wagner, KSNV Ch. 3 co-host of “Wake Up With the Wagners” and “News 3 at Noon”
Where: Pink Taco
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
4455 Paradise Road
Las Vegas, NV 89169
When: Thursday, May 29
Noon to 1 p.m.
Guns N’ Roses ticket prices start at $49.50 (plus applicable service fees). To purchase tickets or for more information, visit the Hard Rock Hotel box office, www.axs.com or charge-by-phone at 1-888-9-AXS-TIX. Room and show packages are available at www.hardrockhotel.com.