Treat dad this Father’s Day to a day he will never forget at Caesars Entertainment’s decadent dining destinations, exclusive entertainment experiences and action-packed activities in Las Vegas (Pictured: The High Roller observation wheel – Photo credit: Scott Harrison).
1. If dad wants to go sightseeing on his special day, book a ride at sunset or nighttime to view all of the Vegas lights at the High Roller. Standing at 550 feet, the tallest observation wheel in the world, the High Roller features 28 spherical cabins that accommodates up to 40 guests, each. The High Roller observation wheel is the focal point of The LINQ, an open-air shopping, dining and entertainment district, that redefines the iconic Las Vegas skyline. Lit with more than 2,000 LED lights that create a visually stunning display, the High Roller can be seen from across the Las Vegas Valley. Lighting up each night at sunset with a dynamic program that includes changing colors and pattern, the wheel provides a fantastic attraction for all dads in addition to its great height, the High Roller offers an immersive pre-ride experience for its passengers on their journey from ticketing through the wheel house complete with a lounge, to the wheel ride which features unparalleled views of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Price: Fathers ride FREE with the purchase of any ticket and also receive a FREE drink at the Sky Lounge on Father’s Day; Special Summer pricing $19.95 daytime; $34.95 nighttime; $59.95 Express Pass; Children 3 and under are free
- Hours: 12 p.m. to 12 a.m., daily
- Phone Number:702-694-8100
2. For a good laugh, chart-topping comedic phenomenon, Jeff Dunham has proven he is a true entertainer; setting sales and TV ratings records, consistently selling out shows and most of all keeping North America and the rest of the world laughing. Dunham is best-known for his famed troupe of sidekicks who are on tour with him: Walter the Grumpy Retiree, Achmed the Dead Terrorist, the beer-fueled redneck Bubba J, the manic purple creature Peanut, the spicy pepper from south of the border José Jalapeño, and Peanut’s own ventriloquist dummy Little Jeff, a mini-version of the ringmaster himself. For one night only, Dunham will bring his sharp, humane and lovable humor to The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.
- Price: Tickets start at $49.50
- Hours: June 13 at 8 p.m.
- Contact:(888) 929-7849;Tickets may be purchased for in person at The Colosseum Box Office at Caesars Palace (10 a.m. to 10 p.m.), or online at www.thecolosseum.com.
3. Every dad deserves to get pampered, so why not treat him to a Roman Baths Day pass at Qua Baths & Spa at Caesars Palace.The 50,000-square-foot oasis includes a Laconium room and Crystal Body Art room with access to three Roman baths using the ancient healing power of water, while the snowing Arctic Ice room is the only one of its kind in the world. The cooling blue tones, slate and stone set the mood as guests can explore Qua’s many amenities or retreat to a chair in the tea room complete with tea sommelier. Another must for dad is The Men’s Zone, a separate area of the spa that evokes the masculine element with a traditional barber chair, high-definition flat screen television tuned into the latest sporting events, jazz music and a full wet bar to accommodate the signature hot lather shaves, hot towel facials and haircuts.
- Price: Day passes $50 for hotel guests, $100 for non-hotel guests; Barber services begin at $65
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., daily
- Phone Number:(866) 782-0655
4. Does your dad enjoy daredevil antics and off-the-wall comedy? Treat him to ABSINTHE, voted the “Best Adult Show” by readers of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, located at Caesars Palace. The cast of eccentrics evokes thrills and chills as they perform amazing feats of virtuosity within mere feet of the audience surrounding the intimate stage. One part vivid imagination, two parts carnival and a shot of old world burlesque mixed with a heavy dash of decadence, ABSINTHE is sure to amaze and inspire dad this Father’s Day.
- Price: Tickets start at $99
- Hours: ABSINTHE performs Wednesday – Sunday at 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Contact: 1-800-745-3000 or www.Ticketmaster.com
5. The indecisive Hell’s Kitchen fan can take a pick at one of the three Gordon Ramsay restaurants in Las Vegas. For the relaxed burger joint, try Gordon Ramsay BurGR inside Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino; for the quintessential British pub, take dad to Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill at Caesars Palace; and for the fine dining enthusiast, treat him to the signature beef wellington at Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris Las Vegas.
- Price: BurGR entrées starting at $13; Pub & Grillentrées starting at $23; Steak entrées starting at $50
- Hours: BurGR Sunday through Thursday 11 a.m. to midnight andFriday and Saturday 11a.m. to 2 a.m., Pub & Grill Sunday through Thursday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday 11 a.m. to 12 a.m. Steak 4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., nightly
- Contact: BurGR: 702-785-5462; Pub & Grill: 702-731-7410; Steak: 702-946-4663
6. With steak on every father’s dining appetite, treat the father in your life to dinner at the new BLT Steak inside Bally’s Las Vegas. One of the most recognized steakhouses in America and abroad with an earned reputation for superior service and classic steakhouse fare in a bistro-like setting. The signature popovers, airy golden Gruyère-laced puffs of dough served warm, start every meal, while weekly blackboard specials highlight the best the season has to offer. BLT Steak staples also include tuna tartare, chopped vegetable salad, Dover sole, peanut butter chocolate mousse and, of course, legendary USDA Prime and Certified Angus® steaks, from the 28 day dry-aged NY strip to the bone-in rib eye. The wine list, which is modeled after other BLT Steak Wine Spectator “Best of Award of Excellence” award-winning lists, features more than 300 wines with Old World selections from the regions of Burgundy, Bordeaux, Piedmont, Tuscany, Riojo and many others.
- Price: Items starting at $27
- Hours: Sunday – Thursday from 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. and Friday – Saturday from 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Phone number: 702-967-7258
7. Treat dad to more than just a weekend brunch this year; instead, indulge at the premier brunch in Las Vegas, Sterling Brunch inside Bally’s Las Vegas. The Bally’s institution of 40 years made its triumphant return on Saturday, May 24 with the same excellence in service and fare, but in a more modern and stylish presentation synonymous with BLT Steak. Sterling Brunch is offered both Saturdays and Sundays, and showcases a sleek built-in buffet space with roll-top chafers. Guests can once again be able to indulge in the finest fare of caviar, lobster tails, fresh-shucked oysters, Alaskan king crab legs, and never-ending glasses of Perrier Jouët Champagne, mimosas and bloody marys. Gluten-free items are also be available, and a personally guided tour of all offerings can be given upon request.
- Price: $85
- Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays only
- Phone number: 702-967-7258
8. For the sports aficionado, take dad to Burger Brasserie inside Paris Las Vegas where, with 20 TVs across the restaurant space, every guest can enjoy any non-pay-per-view sporting event and play sports trivia for a chance to win discounted dining pricing. The newly-renovated menu features bar favorites including the French Onion Burger with Grilled Creek stone; the Black Angus Burger basted in a port wine and shallot butter, caramelized onions, sherry wine, gruyere cheese gratinee, served on a toasted corn bread roll; and appetizing sides that include gravy fries and hot dog sliders, all of which can be perfectly paired with one of the 18 beers on draught from craft, pilsners, ales, lagers and seasonal selections.
- Price: Entrées starting at $14
- Hours: 11 a.m. to 12 a.m., daily
- Phone number: 702-946-4346
9. If your dad likes to laugh, Flamingo Las Vegas features one of the funniest guys in town. Known nationwide for his abilities as an infamous “roaster” and sharp-tongued comedian, Vinnie Favorito relies on his quick wit and stellar memory to crack impromptu jokes. If dad likes the roasts on Comedy Central, he’ll love Favorito, who performs in Bugsy’s Cabaret.
- Price: Tickets start at $54.95
- Hours: Vinnie Favorito performs nightly at 8 p.m.
- Contact: (702) 777-2782 and (855) 234-7469 or by visiting www.flamingolasvegas.com
10. For the ultimate Guy’s guy experience, bring dad to Guy Fieri’s Vegas Kitchen & Bar at The Quad Resort & Casino, open for brunch, lunch, dinner and late night dining. Featuring a large variety of burgers, wings, tacos, small bites and shareable food items, no one can go wrong with New York City’s 2013 Burger Bash winner Mac & Cheese Bacon Burger built with crispy applewood bacon, six-cheese mac, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles and super-melty cheese between a garlicy toasted brioche bun. The restaurant’s extensive drink menu features 16 craft beers, in addition to the Sonoma County wine selection and a frozen tap system shot bar that dispenses eight different shots straight out of iced dispensers, avoiding the risk of diluted shots that are strained or mixed with ice. The 6,500-square-foot space features a large outdoor patio and dining area where you can enjoy the panoramic views of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Price: Items starting at $12
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 2 a.m., daily
- Phone number: 702-731-3311
11. For the dad who dreamed of going on tour with his garage band, take him to see Recycled Percussion, Las Vegas’ #1 interactive show. You’ve seen them on NBC’s “America’s Got Talent,” now you can play along… LIVE at The Quad. Whether playing on buckets, ladders, grinders or sinks, Recycled Percussion’s boundless energy and creativity are sure to blow audiences away. Grab drumsticks and an instrument as you enter the theater, or just kick back and watch the most exciting show on the Strip!
- Price: Tickets start at $77.79
- Hours: Recycled Percussion performs Saturday – Thursday at 7 p.m.
- Contact: (702) 777-2782 or (855) 234-7469 or by visiting www.thequadlv.com
12. Rock out with your dad this Father’s day with one of the best musicals on the Strip. Tony® Award-winning musical Million Dollar Quartet at Harrah’s Las Vegas tells the story of the greatest rock ‘n’ roll jam session in history featuring Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins and Elvis Presley. Sam Phillips, the “Father of Rock ‘n’ Roll” who was responsible for launching the careers of each superstar, brought the four legendary musicians together at the Sun Records storefront studio in Memphis for the first and only time. The resulting evening became known as one of the greatest rock ‘n’ roll jam sessions in history.
- Price: Tickets start at $69
- Hours: Million Dollar Quartet performs Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 7 p.m., Monday and Thursday at 5:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Contact: (702) 777-2782 and (855) 234-7469 or by visiting www.harrahslasvegas.com
13. For the golf-lover dad, take him to the Rio Secco golf course just a short drive from Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino. Voted as one of “America’s 100 Greatest Public Golf Courses” by Golf Digest and the “No. 1 public access course in Nevada” by Las Vegas PGA membership poll, the 18-hole championship course designed by Rees Jones caters to every skill level golfer for a memorable experience. The 30,000-square-foot European-theme Clubhouse overlooks the 7th, 8th and 9th holes of the golf course overlooking the foothills of the Black Mountain Range.
- Price: Starting at $79
- Hours: 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., daily
- Phone Number:702-777-2400
14. Add a little magic in dad’s day by taking him to see some of the best magicians Las Vegas has to offer. Performing inside Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino, dad can enjoy an edgy, provocative and hilarious performance by the “Bad Boys of Magic,” Penn & Teller. While they may reveal the secrets to their tricks, they’ll still leave dad startled and amazed.
- Price: Tickets start at $92
- Hours: Penn & Teller perform Saturday – Wednesday at 9 p.m.
- Contact: (702) 777-2782 and (855) 234-7469 or visit www.riolasvegas.com
15. And for the father who just cannot choose, treat him at one of our seven Caesars Entertainment buffets for a sample of the most delightful delicacies. But you do not have to choose just one buffet! The Buffet of Buffet pass is available for purchase with access to any and all seven buffets for a 24-hour period including Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace, Paradise Garden Buffet at Flamingo Las Vegas, Flavors, The Buffet at Harrah’s Las Vegas, Le Village Buffet at Paris Las Vegas, Spice Market Buffet at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino and Carnival World Buffet and Village Seafood Buffet inside Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino.
- Price: Passes start at $49.99; Bacchanal Buffet and Village Seafood Buffet upgrade costs apply
- Hours: Passes available for 24 hours upon purchase
- Contact: 702-862-3530