As part of National Preparedness Month in September, Las Vegas Sands Corp. and international nonprofit Clean the World invite the Las Vegas community to join hundreds of volunteers on Sept. 20-21 to build 100,000 ONE Project hygiene kits.
This is the most ambitious hygiene kit build ever conducted by Clean the World. Kits will be distributed through the American Red Cross for disaster relief efforts in the Las Vegas area, as well as for major disasters in the United States.
- Two-hour volunteer shifts run throughout the day from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 20 and 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 21. Walk-in volunteers will also be welcome.
- Volunteers, ages 8 and up, can sign up to build kits at http://disasterkitbuild.eventbrite.com
- Hygiene kits provide important necessities to people displaced from their homes in a disaster and consist of recycled soap from Las Vegas hospitality companies (including LVS), shampoo, conditioner, a toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Throughout the two-day build, LVS will provide volunteers with refreshments and ongoing raffles for hotel, restaurant and shopping prizes.
LVS has partnered with Clean the World since 2011, successfully diverting more than 50 tons of waste from LVS properties that has resulted in more than 550,000 bars of recycled soap. LVS’ underwriting and sponsorship of the September disaster relief community build is part of a $1 million commitment to Clean the World in 2014. For more information on Las Vegas Sands’ global corporate citizenship program, visit www.sandscares.sands.com, or on Clean the World, visit www.cleantheworld.org.
For more information, interested volunteers can contact Shae Hagen at Clean the World at (702) 221-8777 or email@example.com.
- 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 20
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 21
The Venetian | The Palazzo
3355 South Las Vegas Blvd