USA Sevens International Rugby Tournament once again invades Las Vegas for three days of world-class rugby action and international celebrations at Sam Boyd Stadium from Friday, Feb. 13 to Sunday, Feb. 15, 2015. Tickets for North America’s premier rugby tournament are on sale now at www.usasevens.com.
For the sixth consecutive year, fans will have the chance to see a thrilling variation on traditional rugby with two seven-player teams battling in 14-minute matches. During the tournament, 16 of the top international rugby sevens teams play 45 action-packed matches over three days in an attempt to gain points in the 2014-2015 HSBC Sevens World Series standings.
“After a record-setting attendance last year, the USA Sevens International Rugby Tournament continues to advance the growth and popularity of rugby with help from passionate fans, diligent sponsors and welcoming Las Vegas natives,” said Jonathan First, president of United World Sports. “With the support of Las Vegas Events and NBC Sports, Las Vegas has transformed the traditional three-day tournament into a weeklong celebration of rugby, culture and community.”
USA Sevens also presents the unique opportunity for fans to see future rugby sevens Olympians in person as the players prepare for the 2016 summer games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. International teams competing in the 2015 USA Sevens International Rugby Tournament tentatively include: Argentina, Australia, Canada, England, Fiji, France, Japan, Kenya, New Zealand, Portugal, Samoa, Scotland, United States, Uruguay and Wales.
USA Sevens enthusiasts are encouraged to purchase tickets prior to the event either online or by phone to avoid a $5 walk-up charge. Full-price ticket pricing options include:
- Youth Tickets: Individual tickets are available for Friday, Saturday or Sunday for $20; two-day passes are available for Saturday and Sunday for $40; or three-day packages are available for $50.
- Field Level: Individual tickets are available for $38 for Friday or $70 for Saturday and Sunday; two-day passes are available for $140 for Saturday and Sunday; or three-day packages are available for $108.
- Sevens Reserved: Individual tickets are available for $38 for Friday or $96 for Saturday and Sunday; two-day packages are available for $191 for Saturday and Sunday; or three-day packages are available for $180.
- Club Gold: Individual tickets are available for $121 for Friday or $237 for Saturday and Sunday; two-day packages are available for $474 for Saturday and Sunday; or three-day packages are available for $562.
- Premier Lounge: Individual tickets are available for $381 for Saturday or Sunday; or two-day packages are available for $765 for Saturday and Sunday.
Beyond the tournament action, Las Vegas will transform into the epitome of rugby world during “Rugby Week,” featuring nonstop festivities bursting with international culture and wildly-dedicated fans. Rugby enthusiasts are invited to the USA Sevens International Fan Festival to enjoy international cuisine, family-friendly entertainment and rugby clinics for children. Located just outside of Sam Boyd Stadium, ticket holders will be free to enter the festival and tournament matches at their convenience.
“Rugby is known for possessing the most eccentric and loyal fans,” said Dan Lyle, executive vice president of United World Sports. “It is our job to ensure the utmost level of action both on and off the field, thus motivating the crowd to participate to the fullest extent throughout Rugby Week. This combination of intense competition and vibrant imagination creates an energetic atmosphere that other sports lack and spectators crave.”
Monte Carlo Resort and Casino has been named the 2015 Official Team Hotel and will serve as host to the professional players and thousands of fans from around the world. Located on the Las Vegas Strip, the property serves as the location of the official wrap-up party. In addition to the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino, Luxor Hotel and Casino, Excalibur Hotel & Casino, The D Las Vegas and Aria Resort & Casino will offer special hotel rates during the tournament week.
Coinciding with the 2015 USA Sevens International Rugby Tournament is the Las Vegas Invitational (LVI), Feb. 11-14, 2015. Presented by Riviera Hotel & Casino, North America’s top amateur rugby tournament features athletes and matchups across various rugby divisions and age groups. Interested teams and players can register at www.usasevens.com.
For full event information or to purchase tickets for the 2015 USA Sevens International Rugby Tournament, please visit www.usasevens.com.