Having opened its doors on January 1, 1975, the California Hotel and Casino commemorates its 40th year in 2015. A staple in downtown Las Vegas hospitality and culture, “The Cal” has welcomed locals and tourists alike with its casual atmosphere, delectable food and beverage offerings and Aloha atmosphere (Photo credit: Las Vegas News Bureau).
Photo credit: Las Vegas News Bureau.
“It has been an incredible 40 years in which the California Hotel & Casino has evolved into the beloved Downtown property it is today – an establishment that has always been dedicated to treating people right,” said Bill Boyd, Executive Chairman of Boyd Gaming. “We’re excited to applaud the property’s rich heritage, along with our valued employees, guests and community.”
Photo credit: Boyd Gaming.
On Saturday, January 31 at 12 p.m., Mr. Boyd will attend the official 40th anniversary celebration at the California Hotel – open to the public – featuring a champagne toast, cake, hula dancers, live Hawaiian music and special anniversary giveaways. City of Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman is scheduled to join Mr. Boyd in the presentation during the festivities, along with numerous “day one” employees who will be honored for their dedication, hard work and impressive tenure at the California Hotel and Casino.
In honor of the anniversary, the Downtown Las Vegas landmark will offer various casino and dining promotions, including:
Casino Floor Promotions– Available only on Saturday, January 31
- Kiosk Mystery Multiplier Game – Up to 40x Reels 20x VP – (6am – 11:59 pm)
- 4 of a Kind with all 4s – Get $40 in slot dollars at any Cal casino bar
- Table Games promotion – any suited Blackjack wins logoed t-shirt or hat
- Jackpot T-shirts with 40th Logo
Food Specials – Available Friday, January 30 through Monday, February 2
- Market Street Café – 96 hours of Oxtail in Market Street Café – $9.99
- Market Street Café – 8oz New York Steak & Shrimp Scampi – $14
- Redwood – 3 course $40 dinner – Bacon wrapped scallops, Steak au poivre and Banana Fosters Cheesecake
- $0.75 shot specials at all casino bars, including Bushmill Whiskey, Red Stag Cherry Bourbon, White Ghost Bourbon, Bacardi 51 Rum, Ketel One Citron, Johnny Walker Red Scotch and more
From its establishment in 1975, The California Hotel & Casino has expanded from 325 rooms to 781 and boasts of new projects on line in the coming year. The property recently opened the California Noodle House, an exquisite new dining option serving a wide variety of gourmet dishes from the kitchens of Asia.
The California Hotel & Casino is the catalyst of Boyd Gaming’s Hawaiian charm, which has since extended to the both the Fremont and Main Street Station properties, and is credited with helping to build a robust Hawaiian community within Las Vegas – commonly called “the ninth island.”
For more information, please visit: http://www.thecal.com
Discuss the anniversary on Twitter: @thecalcasino