The Year of the Sheep kicks off at The Gold Coast Hotel and Casino with the return of the annual Dragon Dance and exciting new events to celebrate Chinese New Year.
“We strive to make this beautiful celebration as authentic and rich in culture as possible, and this year, we are excited to announce even more elements to enhance the experience,” said Tony Taeubel, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Gold Coast.
The Dragon Dance parade will return to the Gold Coast casino floor at 7:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Thursday, February 26. Guests of all ages are invited to welcome the Year of the Sheep by experiencing this authentic cultural celebration, performed by the Lohan School of Shaolin.
Guests 21 years of age and older can get their New Year off to a lucky start with special gaming promotions. On February 20 and 27, Lucky Money drawings will be held every hour from 8 p.m. until 1 a.m. Eight winners each hour will take home $200. On Saturday, February 28, the “What’s in Your Fortune Cookie?” promotion will give away between $5 and $500 when guests earn 300 points between 11 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Additional special events at the Gold Coast and sister property The Orleans include:
- Thursday, February 26 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. – Calligraphy and Painting exposition
- Artist Weiping Li, designer of the 2008 Olympic Horse Racing Symbol
- Dake Xu, Qing dynasty descendent and calligrapher
- Free in front of the Gold Coast Showroom
- Saturday, February 28 at 8 p.m. – HeNan’s dance troupe
- $20 at the Gold Coast Showroom
- Wednesday, March 4 at 7 p.m. – Chinese New Year Festive Gala 2015
- Featuring performances by the Guangxi Song and Dance Theater
- Tickets start at $15
- Orleans Showroom – get tickets at OrleansCasino.com
The Gold Coast Hotel and Casino has presented the Dragon Dance for Chinese New Year for more than 10 years. For more information on the Chinese New Year celebration, please visit www.goldcoastcasino.com.