Lisa Marie and Paul Johnson to Co-Host The Animal Foundation’s 12th Annual “Best in Show” at Orleans Arena April 26
Tickets are now on sale for The Animal Foundation’s 12th annual “Best In Show,” returning to the Orleans Arena Sunday, April 26. This event will be co-hosted by Lisa Marie of PIN UP at the Stratosphere and Paul Johnson of Rock of Ages. Also appearing will Jaymes Vaughan, correspondent at OK TV USA.
Photo credit: Bryan Steffy / WireImage / www.BryanSteffyPhoto.com.
The one-of-a-kind event will feature unique and incredible shelter dogs competing in several categories (small, medium, large, variety pack, puppy parade and special needs) as they strut their stuff and vie for the audience’s hearts and homes. The pups in each group who receive the most crowd applause will advance to compete for the coveted title of Best In Show. Even though only one handsome hound will take home the crown, audience members will have the opportunity to adopt each four-legged contestant, giving them each the most coveted prize of all: a forever home.
- Lisa Marie is the star vocalist of the two-time Best of Las Vegas awarded show, PIN UP at the Stratosphere Hotel. She is also one of Las Vegas’ Top 100 Women of Influence for 2015. Lisa Marie is also at the start of an original music career, and has released her debut and follow-up singles internationally with producer Tanzer. In her spare time, she loves to donate to charities focusing on education in the arts for children and animal rescue. She and her boyfriend Paul have a lovable cat and two precocious pups that keep her hands full and her heart happy.
- Paul Johnson is a long-term resident of Las Vegas and is currently rocking the stage in Rock of Ages at The Venetian hotel. He has also performed In Peepshow, Vegas: The Show, Shag with a Twist and Bite. Additionally he’s been seen on Holland America Cruise Lines and at Tuacahn Regional Theater. When not performing, Paul owns his own custom carpentry business: MC-MD.com, specializing in unique creations for people and their pets
- Jaymes Vaughan brings his southern personality and charm to the screen through his talent and passion for all things pop culture and fitness on the nationally syndicated OK TV USA. He has also appeared on CBS’ The Talk, Access Hollywood, Entertainment Tonight and Ellen. He has also appeared as a guest star in acting roles on shows such as The Young And The Restless and ABC Family’s Baby Daddy. His passion for fitness has landed him key roles on Access Hollywood Live and the Daily Beast. His quick wit and humor have been featured numerous times in Entertainment Weekly, and he was voted Reality Nation’s Hottest Reality Star, after placing second on CBS’s Amazing Race 21. Vaughan is committed to making time to giving back when he can. He holds charities like St. Jude Children’s Hospital, American Cancer Society and Give Kids The World close to his heart. He is also a very outspoken advocate of equality.
As the Foundation’s premier fundraiser for more than a decade, the family-friendly annual event has placed hundreds of special dogs in loving homes while raising crucial dollars that allow The Animal Foundation to operate Nevada’s largest animal shelter (Lied Animal Shelter) and provide services such as adoptions, humane education and a low-cost spay/neuter clinic. Proceeds from Best In Show directly benefit the more than 35,000 lost, unwanted and abandoned animals who pass through The Animal Foundation’s doors each year.
Best In Show will commence with a pre-event VIP Sponsorship Brunch and silent auction at 11 a.m. At noon, doors will open for the vendor fair, live family-friendly entertainment and general admission seating. The show will begin at 1 p.m.
Tickets are $12 for adults and $5 for seniors and children (2-12 years of age) and may be purchased by visiting animalfoundation.com/event/show.
A limited number of special ticket packages will be available through Eventbrite*:
- Individual Ticket Package – $8: Includes one ticket to Best In Show plus one reusable commemorative shopping bag
- Family Four-Pack Ticket Package – $25: Includes four tickets to Best In Show plus two reusable commemorative shopping bags
*While supplies last. Processing fees apply. Eventbrite tickets must be exchanged at the Orleans Arena box office. Commemorative shopping bags may be picked up at the event.
Sponsorship tables for the VIP brunch are available for purchase starting at $1,200. For more details or to purchase a table, click here.
The Animal Foundation is currently seeking loving foster families to provide a temporary home for these 50 cuddly canines. For more information click here or complete an online application. Fosters save lives and are needed for numerous other animals in the care of The Animal Foundation. To get involved visit http://animalfoundation.com/get-involved/foster/.