Multi-platinum recording artists Dropkick Murphys will headline the Fremont Street Experience concert on Friday, July 10, as part of the 4th Annual UFC International Fight Week (Photo: © Erik Kabik / www.ErikKabik.com).
The concert, which is free to the public, will be located at 425 Fremont Street on the 3rd Street Stage. The event is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m.
No strangers to UFC, its fighters and fans, Dropkick Murphys will kick off its 19-city international tour here in Las Vegas during UFC International Fight Week, which takes place from Tuesday, July 7, through Sunday, July 12.
An American-Celtic punk rock band from Quincy, Massachusetts, Dropkick Murphys have released eight albums and sold more than four million records during its 19-year career. With multiple chart-topping singles that have served as backdrops for Academy Award-winning films, World Series Champions and UFC Hall of Fame fighters, the group has developed a longstanding relationship as UFC fan favorites.
With signature songs such as “I’m Shipping Up to Boston,” “Tessie,” “Going Out in Style” and “The State of Massachusetts,” the Dropkick’s universal style is befitting of UFC International Fight Week, the largest global celebration of combat sports in the world.
UFC International Fight Week features a UFC Fan Expo, the 2015 UFC Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, a UFC Reebok experience, the Ulti-man 5k, UFC Gym Fitness Challenge and various martial arts tournaments, as well as fan events at Fremont Street Experience. UFC International Fight Week will be capped off with two highly anticipated events in UFC 189: ALDO vs. MCGREGOR on Saturday, July 11 and The Ultimate Fighter Finale on Sunday, July 12.
Fans can now pre-register and join the UFC fan community at www.ufcregister.com to make the most of their UFC International Fight Week experience. They can earn UFC Rewards points and automatically upload UFC activation images and video to their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
UFCFightWeek.com is the official destination for the most current list of scheduled events, with an official UFC International Fight Week App launching late-June in the Apple and Google Play stores.
The following events are currently scheduled for UFC International Fight Week:
Wednesday, July 8
- IMMAF Amateur MMA World Championships at The Flamingo (beginning Monday, July 6)
- Official UFC 189 Open Workouts
- UFC Community Day
Thursday, July 9
- IMMAF Amateur MMA World Championships at The Flamingo
- USJJO Ju-Jitsu National Championships at Harrah’s Las Vegas
- Liquid pool party at Aria hosted by UFC stars
- Official UFC 189 press conference at MGM Grand
- Charity bowling at Brooklyn Bowl with UFC fighters
Friday, July 10
- UFC Fan Expo (Day I)
- USBJJF American Jiu Jitsu Championships (Gi and No Gi)
- WAKO North American Amateur Kickboxing Championshipo ISKA Vegas Open
- The Ultimate Wrestling Championships
- UFC Gym Fitness Challenge ($35,000 Prize Money)
- Official UFC 189 Weigh-In at MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Official UFC 189 UFC Kit Unveil at MGM Grand Garden Arena
- Meet UFC stars as they takeover downtown Las Vegas
- UFC presents free concert at Fremont Street Experience
- USJJO Ju-Jitsu US International Open at Harrah’s Las Vegas
Saturday, July 11
- UFC Fan Expo (Day II)
- IMMAF Amateur MMA World Championships Finals
- USBJJF American Kids Jiu Jitsu Championships
- WAKO North American Amateur Kickboxing Championship
- ISKA Vegas Open
- The Ultimate Wrestling Championships
- Ulti-man 5k with UFC President Dana White in support of Three Square Food Bank
- UFC Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at Fan Expo
- UFC 189: ALDO vs. MCGREGOR at MGM Grand Garden Arena
- UFC 189 viewing parties at MGM, Ri Ra, Double Barrel and more
- Official UFC 189 After Party at MGM Grand Garden Arena
Sunday, July 12
- Bud Light Pool Party at Monte Carlo Resort and Casino
- The Ultimate Fighter Finale
Tickets for UFC Fan Expo are currently on sale at www.ufcfanexpo.com with two day passes beginning at $60 online and $65 onsite.
One-day passes begin at $35 online and $45 onsite. *Events are subject to change.
For additional information please visit UFC.com, and follow UFC Fight Week on Twitter @UFCFightWeek.