The Las Vegas Reptile Fall Expo will be open at Sante Fe Station this Saturday and Sunday, June 6-7. The event will feature an insect-eating contest for people!
“Last year, we had them eat a Rhino beetle. This year, we’re having them eat a giant black scorpion. We had at least 50 people signed up to eat bugs, and we actually ran out of bugs to eat. We have a few varieties of crickets. We have black ants. Worms, a waterbug and the scorpion.” said show promoter, Joe Danyi. “I watched a kid woof down twenty crickets and then licked the plate.”
The Las Vegas Reptile Fall Expo will kick off June 6 and this year we are bringing in biologist and environmental engineer, Todd Wetzel.
“Reptile enthusiasts put a lot of effort into recreating these animals’ natural habitat, while in captivity. There’s a whole science behind doing it right and keeping these animals healthy.” We’re selling 15 spots in this workshop and teaching the science behind terrarium setup.
We have some of the best and most talented breeders on the west coast signed up a for the expo. Captive bred chameleons, snakes, tortoises, geckos and much more. Frozen rats and mice and other feeders will be available.
The Las Vegas Reptile Fall Expo
- The show is open at 10am on Saturday & Sunday, (9am for VIP) and closes at 4pm.
- The insect eating contests will be held on Saturday & Sunday at 1pm.
- Family day is scheduled for Sunday at 10am. Face painting will be from 11-3.
- The expo is held in the ballroom at the Santa Fe Station Hotel and Casino at 4949 N Rancho Dr. Las Vegas Nevada 89130. From the parking garage, take the elevator to the casino floor and find the expo escalator by following the signs to ballroom.
- Adult admission (13+) is $8. Kids (12 & under) are $6. Infants (2 & under) are free. Family passes are $20 (2 adults and 2 kids). Advance tickets are available through getreptiles.com