In celebration of their sixth anniversary with Station Casinos on Friday, July 10, Nashville Unplugged: The Story Behind the Song will offer incredible drink specials and fun facts (Pictured: host Aaron Benward).
Drink specials will include $2 Bud Light draft beer and $3 Jack or Jack Fire shots. Nashville Unplugged performs every Friday at Sunset Station, beginning at 8 p.m.
NASHVILLE UNPLUGGED FUN FACTS:
- # of songwriters throughout the six-year history? 300
- # of “Songs From a Hat” written? 85
- # of shows performed? 210
- # of number-one hits written by the guest songwriters featured on Nashville Unplugged? 52
- Hit songs performed in Nashville Unplugged prior to national release – Blake Shelton’s “Honey Bee” (Rhett Akins) and Jake Owen’s “Barefoot Blue Jean Night” (Dylan Altman)
- Celebrity guests appearances – includes Darius Rucker, Toby Keith, Chip Estes and Ty Herndon, Eric Paslay, Billy Dean, etc.
- # of Station Casinos’ venues performed in? 3
- Word or song title most commonly used in “Songs From a Hat” requests? “beer” or “redneck”
- Artist most featured in guest songwriters’ song catalogs (which artist has performed the most songs written by Nashville Unplugged songwriters?) Gary Allen and Randy Houser
Nashville Unplugged: The Story Behind the Song is hosted by Aaron Benward, who has written numerous ACM and CMA-nominated songs, as well as the recent hit “Who I Am,” which was featured on ABC’s hit television show “Nashville,” and guest host Travis Howard, whose credits include Miranda Lambert’s “Famous In a Small Town,” “Bring Me Down” and “Heart Like Mine. All performances begin at 8 p.m. and there is a $10 cover at the door. Boarding Pass card members receive a $5 entry discount. Guests must be 21 years or older.
Upcoming Nashville Unplugged performances include:
- Friday, July 10 – Club Madrid inside Sunset Station – Rob Hatch, whose hits include whose hits include Jamey Johnson’s “The Last Cowboy Song,” “My Saving Grace” and “Keepin’ Up With the Jonesin.”
- Friday, July 17 – Club Madrid inside Sunset Station – Billy Dawson, who has shared the stage with Lee Brice, Aaron Lewis, Craig Morgan and Lady Antebellum, among others.
- Friday, July 24 – Club Madrid inside Sunset Station – Adam Hood, whose hits include “Flame and Gasoline,” “22 Days Too Long” and “Different Groove.”
- Friday, July 31 – Club Madrid inside Sunset Station – Kylie Sackley, whose hits include Faith Hill’s “Sunshine and Summertime,” Troy Cassar Daley’s “The Sunshine Club” and Alan Jackson’s “It’s Just That Way.”