HalloweenMart, the Las Vegas-based retail complex and national leading retailer of online Halloween costumes, has announced this season’s most popular costumes for adults and children.
“Pop culture icons and Hollywood are having a big impact on Halloween costumes this year,” said Heather Siegel, HalloweenMart owner and fashion expert. “With Halloween just a few weeks away, there are several trends leading the way as costume favorites this season.”
Top Five Adult Halloween Costume Trends for ’09:
- The Vampire: Box office hits like Twilight and television series like True Blood and The Vampire Diaries have made the vampire one of the must-have Halloween costumes this season. Turn heads with the “Vamp Vixen Costume,” priced at $39.99 (http://www.halloweenmart.com/adult-costumes/vampires/vamp-vixen)
- Michael Jackson: Many will pay tribute to the King of Pop this fall with elaborate costumes inspired by some of Michael Jackson’s platinum-hit songs. This year women can sport a variety of Michael-inspired costumes including the elaborate “Queen of Pop,” $199.99 (http://www.halloweenmart.com/adult-costumes/celebrity/Queen-of-Pop#) and “Billy Jean Costume,” $119.99 http://www.halloweenmart.com/adult-costumes/celebrity/billy-jean#). A top seller in for men this season is the “Michael Jackson ‘Beat It’ Costume,” $99.99 (www.halloweenmart.com/adult-costumes/celebrity/Michael-Jackson-Beat-It-Jacket) paired with the “Michael Jackson ‘Beat It’ Wig,” $34.95 (www.halloweenmart.com/accessories/Mens/Michael-Jackson-Bet-It-Wig#).
- Reality Stars: Popular reality shows like E!’s Girl Next Door has idolized the robe-clad Hollywood legend Hugh Hefner and the identical twin ladies that make up this popular television series. A very in-demand trio of costumes this season is the “Playboy Hef Smoking Jacket Costume,” $79.99, (http://www.halloweenmart.com/adult-costumes/celebrity/playboy-hef-smoking) accompanied with of a pair of the “Playboy Pink Smoking Jacket Costume(s),” $59.99, (http://www.halloweenmart.com/adult-costumes/celebrity/playboy-pink-smoking-jacket) and the “Blonde Seductress Wig,” $19.99 ).
- Zombie: In theatres now, the 2009 Zombieland film has brought this popular costume back from the dead. The “Complete Zombie Costume” is a hot commodity, priced at $44.99 (http://www.halloweenmart.com/adult-costumes/scary_2/Complete-Zombie#).
- Bollywood: Pop culture icons like the Pussycat Dolls and the Academy Award-winning film, Slumdog Millionaire, put this year’s “Bollywood Beauty” costume on the A-list. Achieve the sultry look with the extravagant “Bollywood Beauty Costume,” $59.99 (http://www.halloweenmart.com/adult-costumes/arabian/Bollywood-Beauty#).
Top Five Children’s Halloween Costume Trends for ’09:
- Vampires: The Twilight saga has teens screaming over the popular “Rockin Vampire Costume” this season, priced at $34.99 (http://www.halloweenmart.com/childrens-costumes/witches-vampires/Rockin-Vampire#).
- Superheroes: Box office hits like 2009’s Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and Wolverine have made superhero costumes a Halloween must-have. Children can transform into the heroic Bumblebee character with the “Deluxe Bumblebee Transformers 2 Costume,” $44.99 (http://www.halloweenmart.com/childrens-costumes/superheroes_2/transformers-bumblebee#), or unleash their inner mutant powers with the child’s “Wolverine Costume,” $24.99 (http://www.halloweenmart.com/childrens-costumes/superheroes_2/wolverine-child#).
- TV Idols: The popular TV show Hannah Montana has turned this costume into a rising superstar. Get the best of both worlds with the “Hannah Montana Gold Costume,” $39.99 (http://www.halloweenmart.com/childrens-costumes/disney_costumes/hannah-montana-gold#).
- Wonderland Wonders: The upcoming re-release of Alice and Wonderland has moved these whimsical costumes to the top of the list. Adventure through the looking glass in the classic “Fairytale Alice costume,” $39.99 (http://www.halloweenmart.com/childrens-costumes/disney_costumes/fairy-tail-alice#) or rule in the suit of love with the “Queen of Hearts Costume,” $99.99 (http://www.halloweenmart.com/childrens-costumes/disney_costumes/Queen-of-Hearts#).
- Little Top Chef: The popular television show Top Chef has paved the way for a generation of chefs-in-the-making with this year’s “Chef in Training Costume,” $19.99 (http://www.halloweenmart.com/s.nl/it.A/id.778/.f#).
HalloweenMart is located in Las Vegas at 6230 S. Decatur Blvd. Store hours are Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sundays from 12 to 5 p.m. Website sales are 24 hours, daily. For more information, please contact the HalloweenMart experts at 800-811-4877 or visit www.halloweenmart.com.