The Las Vegas Science & Technology Festival is back for its 5th anniversary. The Festival has become one of the largest educational events in the state, sparking kids’ curiosity and celebrating science and technology unique to this region.
After setting another record for participation in 2015, this year’s Festival continues to amaze, offering nearly 40 FREE events all across Southern Nevada over nine fun-filled days. The Festival runs from Friday, April 29 to Saturday, May 7.
- Friday, April 29 – CSN’s Science and Technology Expo at CSN Cheyenne Campus, 9:00am – 1:00pm.
- Saturday, April 30 – Clark County Wetlands Park Bio Blitz, Become a naturalist for a day! Find and identify as many different plants and animals as possible as you explore the Wetlands Park Nature Preserve. Friday: 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm, Saturday: 6:30 am – 9:30 am. Also, Lake Mead’s Junior Scientist Day at Boulder Beach Picnic Area, 10:00am – 2:00pm.
- Sunday, May 1 – Science is Everywhere Day, featuring dozens of free behind-the-scenes programs and VIP tours at locations throughout the valley.
- Monday, May 2 – Friday, May 6 – Science in the Community, Geek out your week with exciting programs exploring hot science and technology topics. From forensics to food, Star Wars to dinosaurs, and even mini farm animals, there’s something for every budding scientist to enjoy.
- Saturday, May 7 – Giant Science & Technology Expo, packed with interactive activities, demonstrations, and entertainment from over 80 organizations throughout the valley, 10:00am to 5:00pm at Cashman Center.
The Festival is presented by the Las Vegas Natural History Museum, with help from over 80 other organizations including the Clark County School District, College of Southern Nevada, Desert Research Institute, the National Park Service, and University of Nevada Las Vegas.
For more information, please visit www.SciFest.Vegas