Wrangler Rodeo Arena, one of the six main interactive features of Cowboy Christmas, will bring rodeo action directly to fans at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Events include Bull Fighters Only, Colt Starting Challenge USA, United Bucking Horse Association, Exceptional Rodeo presented by NV Energy and, for the first time, the Junior NFR presented by YETI. In addition, the return of the Priefert Platform allows fans to watch the action from a raised VIP area overlooking the arena, with limited front-row seats on the rail.
Free to the public, Cowboy Christmas will be open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily from Dec. 1 – 10. The Wrangler Rodeo Arena is located on the second floor of the South Halls within the footprint of RMEF’s Hunter & Outdoor Christmas Expo and adjacent to Cowboy Christmas Too.
Wrangler Rodeo Arena, which boasts a seating capacity of 1,100, will host a variety of events and competitions. The Junior NFR presented by YETI, this first-of-its-kind competition, will feature youngsters 19 years old and younger competing in many of the events the pros take part in at the Thomas & Mack Center, including mini bareback, miniature bull riding, barrel racing, total team roping, tie-down roping and girls breakaway.
The Junior NFR presented by YETI competitions will take place over two three-day stretches: Friday, Dec. 2 through Sunday, Dec. 4, and Thursday, Dec. 8, through Saturday, Dec. 10. Admission to the first two days of each three-day session are free, while the finals on Dec. 4 and Dec. 10 will be $10 for general admission and $25 for VIP seating with all proceeds being “added money” for each event.
Additional highlights of the area include:
- Bull Fighters Only – Dec. 1 at 2 p.m. and Dec. 2-3 at 3:30 p.m.
- Colt Starting Challenge USA – Dec. 5-7 at 3 p.m.
- United Bucking Horse Association – Dec. 5-7 at 9:15 a.m.
- North American Trick Riding Championships – Dec. 5-6 at 1:15 p.m.
Individual events include the Wrangler NFR Flag Girl Competition on Dec. 6 at noon and the Indian National Finals Rodeo Demonstration on Dec. 7 at 1:15 p.m. The popular Exceptional Rodeo presented by NV Energy will take place Monday, Dec. 5 at 10:30 a.m.
In addition to Wrangler Rodeo Arena, Cowboy Christmas will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
- Rodeo Live presented by RODEOHOUSTON – Daily features include Flint Rasmussen with his popular show, “Outside the Barrel,” RFD-TV’s Western Sports Roundup and the newest addition for 2016, Keepin’ it Country with Daryle Singletary;
- Coors Rodeo Saloon – Every great “rodeo” needs a saloon. Located near the west end of Cowboy Christmas, the Saloon features food vendors and video screens with a replay of the prior night’s Wrangler NFR performance;
- Lucas Oil Rodeo Way – This “Old West” setting features 12 interactive industry and rodeo exhibits located at west entrance of Cowboy Christmas;
- NFR Social Arena – This area will feature an interactive photo booth, contestant and musician autograph sessions, giveaways and contests;
- Great Wall of Rodeo presented by Calgary Stampede – This fan favorite features a graphic of all Wrangler NFR contestants and other interactive elements.
Gold, Silver and Bronze buckle level sponsors include Academy of Country Music, Bloomer Trailers, Big Tex Trailers, Browning, B&W Trailer Hitches, Calgary Stampede, Coors, RODEOHOUSTON, Hesston by Massey Ferguson, Impact Gel, Lucas Oil, NV Energy, Pendleton Whisky, Priefert, PrimeSport, Purina, Pro Fantasy Rodeo, Ram Rodeo, RFD-TV, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, Total Feeds, Inc., Wrangler and YETI.
Cowboy Christmas brought record crowds to the Las Vegas Convention Center over the ten days in 2015. Total attendance reached 216,292, surpassing the previous record attendance of 200,179 set in 2014.
Sold out for 300 consecutive performances, the Wrangler NFR attracts the top 15 contestants in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding. Under the new contract with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association that runs through 2024, the purse in 2016 is $10 million. Qualification is based on the 2016 PRCA World Standings.
For more information on the Wrangler NFR, Cowboy Christmas and a complete Junior NFR presented by YETI schedule, please visit www.NFRexperience.com or through social media at /LasVegasNFR and use #WranglerNFR.