Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada will serve a free Thanksgiving meal to roughly 1,000 homeless and vulnerable men, women and children. This is the 51st consecutive Thanksgiving that Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada has opened their doors to the community.
The Thanksgiving meal is made possible thanks to community donations and dedicated volunteers.
Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada Executive Chef Jun Lao and his staff of 20 will arrive at 2 a.m. to begin preparing:
- 700 pounds of oven-roasted turkey
- 30 gallons of turkey gravy with rosemary
- 500 pounds of Yukon potatoes
- 200 pounds of fresh green beans
- 375 pounds of stuffing
- 20 gallons of cranberry sauce
- 1,000 dinner rolls with butter
- 1,000 mini pumpkin pies with a dollop of whipped cream
More than 100 volunteers are expected to serve approximately 1,000 meals.
Thursday, Nov. 24, 2016
The kitchen crew will begin preparing the meal from 2:00 a.m. until serving time.
Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
1501 N. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89101