Registration has begun for the 27th Annual AIDS Walk Las Vegas hosted by Penn & Teller on April 23 at Town Square Las Vegas (Photo credit: Las Vegas Photo and Video).
Registration is free, but a $10 donation or fundraising goal is required to participate in the 27th anniversary of the walk and includes an official AIDS Walk commemorative item. For additional information and to register, visit afanlv.org.
- Sunday, April 23, 2017
- 7 a.m. – sign-in for teams and individuals
- 8 a.m. – opening ceremony
- 10 a.m. – AIDS Walk
- 11 a.m. – Finish line ceremony & after walk activities
- Town Square 6605 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Walkers will start near the NW parking lot (near Guitar Center) in Town Square
- Penn & Teller, grand marshals and leaders of the Penn & Teller Challenge AIDS Walk Team
Aid for AIDS of Nevada (AFAN) was founded in 1984 and is the oldest and largest AIDS service organization in the state of Nevada. 2017 marks AFAN’s 33rd anniversary of practicing its unyielding commitment to the community by providing unparalleled health expertise, support and advocacy for adults and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS in southern Nevada. Over the years, AFAN has created various programs that offer consistent and comprehensive assistance including direct client service programs, food programs, prevention and education programs and community outreach. As part of AFAN’s mission, these client service programs assist in enhancing the physical health and psychosocial wellness of the individuals they serve, while promoting dignity and improving the quality of their lives. For more information, please visit afanlv.org. Keep up with AFAN events and news on Facebook and Twitter.