MCC Hospitality Group’s d.vino Italian Food & Wine Bar at Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, along with sister restaurant Market City Caffe in Burbank, welcomes spring with the return of its eighth annual “Artichoke Festival” from March 14 through April 14 (Pictured: Artichoke and bacon arancini – Photo credit: Jerry Bacon).
MCC Hospitality Group has partnered with Ocean Mist Farms in Castroville, Calif. to bring guests eight unique interpretations of the hearty and healthy vegetable.
Known as one of the oldest foods, the artichoke dates back to Greek mythology and is packed with antioxidants making it a nourishing, yet tasty ingredient.
Executive Chef Martin Garcia has created menu options including:
- Artichoke and spinach fondue with shallot-garlic cream, grana padano cheese, mozzarella cheese, baby spinach, white truffle oil, and toasted baguettes ($10)
- Artichoke and bacon arancinis with applewood smoked bacon and mascarpone cheese, served with lemon artichoke aioli and crispy artichoke ($11)
- Artichoke salad with marinated artichoke hearts, tuscan kale, heirloom baby tomatoes, red wine vinaigrette, carrots, toasted hazelnut, and a balsamic reduction ($12)
- Artichoke pizza with mozzarella cheese, artichoke sauce, baby artichoke hearts, caramelized onions, and tomatoes ($13)
- Grilled artichoke with shallots, parsley, basil and fresh garlic, and pomodoro sauce ($14)
- Artichoke ravioli with ricotta, parmesan cheese, brown butter and sage sauce, drizzled age balsamic, and shaved artichoke heart ($14)
- Artichoke farfalle pasta with braised artichoke hearts, shrimp sundried tomatoes, and trebbiano wine sauce ($19)
- Artichoke and pan seared striped bass, served with sautéed spinach and finished with artichoke lemon white wine butter sauce ($23)
d.vino is open Sunday through Thursday 4-10:30 p.m. and Friday and Saturday 4-11 p.m. Reservations can be made by calling 702.730.7966 or visiting dvinolv.com.