In anticipation of the band’s second, nine-show residency at The Joint, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino will welcome Rock and Roll Hall of Famers – JOURNEY – back to the property with a proclamation declaring Wednesday, May 3 as JOURNEY Las Vegas Day and a memorabilia property takeover including an updated band case with items from Steve Smith outside of The Joint, Neal Schon’s personal case in front of the resort’s main registration desk and Steve Smith’s drum kit at the entrance of the HRH All-Suite Tower on May 3 at 1 p.m. (Photo credit: Erik Kabik / www.ErikKabik.com).
The displays are complete with personal items from each member as well as pieces from the band’s history.
After a wildly successful, sold-out run in 2015, legendary rock band JOURNEY will return to The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas for a second, nine-show residency, Journey Las Vegas, on May 3, May 5, May 6, May 10, May 12, May 13, May 17, May 19 and May 20. For the first time in the United States, JOURNEY will perform its seventh studio album, Escape, and the band’s eighth studio album, Frontiers, in their entirety on May 3, May 10 and May 17.
JOURNEY is one of the most popular American rock bands of all time, creating some of the best-known songs in modern music, with iconic hits such as “Faithfully,” “Any Way You Want It,” “Wheel In The Sky,” “Separate Ways,” “Only the Young,” “Open Arms,” “Lovin, Touchin’, Squeezin’,” “Who’s Crying Now,” and the seminal “Don’t Stop Believin’,” which is the top-selling digital catalog track in history. Since its formation in 1973 in San Francisco, Journey has sold more than 80 million albums worldwide, earning 19 Top 40 singles and 25 gold, platinum and multi-platinum albums, and has headlined multiple sold-out stadium tours. The Greatest Hits album is certified 15 times-Platinum, bringing Journey into the elite club of Diamond-certified award holders. Journey received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, was inducted into the Hollywood Bowl Hall of Fame, and is the subject of the award-winning documentary, ‘Don’t Stop Believin’: Everyman’s Journey.’ The band was recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. For more information, visit http://journeymusic.com.
WHO: Journey band members:
- Neal Schon, founder, lead guitar and backing vocals
- Ross Valory, co-founder, bass and backing vocals
- Jonathan Cain, keyboards and backing vocals
- Steve Smith,drums
- Arnel Pineda, lead vocals
WHEN: Wednesday, May 3
- 1:20 p.m. Clark County proclamation presentation at JOURNEY’s memorabilia case – open to the public – In The Joint hallway across from the Peacock High-Limit Gaming Lounge
- 1:25 p.m. Journey memorabilia case unveiling – open to the public – In The Joint hallway across from the Peacock High-Limit Gaming Lounge
- 1:35p.m. Neal Schon case unveiling – open to the public – In front of the main registration desk
- 1:40 p.m. Steve Smith drum kit unveiling – open to the public – In main entrance of the HRH All-Suite Tower
WHERE: Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
4455 Paradise Road
Las Vegas, NV 89169
For VIP ticket packages including premium seating options, please contact [email protected]. For groups of 12 or more, please call 702.693.4017 or contact [email protected]. For Journey VIP packages including premier seats, exclusive gifts, pre-show receptions and more, please visit www.vipnation.com.