Thousands of comic book fans will descend upon Las Vegas this summer for the fifth-annual Amazing Las Vegas Comic Convention. Headlined by legendary Marvel creator Stan Lee, the event will also feature creators behind many of Hollywood’s top comics franchises, including Deadpool and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Pictured: Justice League – Copyright/Trademark DC Entertainment).
The convention will take place at Las Vegas Convention Center June 23-25, 2017, and will feature a show floor packed with more than 100 exhibitors, an exciting artist alley with more than 200 artists, and autograph sessions, which will give fans access to some of their favorite comic book creators.
“We are thrilled to bring our awesome guest lineup back to Vegas for another unforgettable event,” said Jimmy Jay, co-owner of Jay Company Comics and promoter of Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con. “There is something for everyone at Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con, from after-hours parties to family-friendly
activities on Sunday’s Kids’ Day.”
The show will be headlined by Stan Lee, legendary co-creator of the Marvel Universe with Spider-Man, Avengers, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, X-Men and dozens more.
“Stan Lee is the gold standard of comic con guests,” Jay said. “His iconic face and personality are just as well-known as his creations, recognizable by millions of fans around the globe.”
The Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con brings together the best and brightest from the comics industry, along with the finest local creators in Las Vegas. In addition to Lee, the show will feature:
- Rob Liefeld is a comic book legend, best known as the creator of Deadpool, Cable, Domino, X-Force and more for Marvel Comics. He is one of the founders of Image Comics, where his Extreme Studios launched Youngblood, Brigade, Bloodstrike and dozens more. Hot on the heels from last week’s
standing room-only celebration in Orange County, Rob Liefeld is bringing his “Extreme Studios 25th anniversary tour” to 2017 Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con!
- Todd McFarlane is a Canadian cartoonist and entrepreneur, best known for creating the fantasy series Spawn. He now focuses on running McFarlane Toys and Todd McFarlane Entertainment, a film and animation studio.
- Kevin Eastman, who created the beloved enterprise Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Eastman started TMNT as an independent comic book, and for more than three decades, kids (and adults) have enjoyed the movies, cartoons and toys
- Original Batman and Robin – Adam West and Burt Ward from the hit TV series Batman & Robin will make their final public appearance in Las Vegas at the 2017 Amazing Comic Con. The TV program from 1966 brought the Caped Crusader and DC Comics into the American household.
- Ray Park — Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I, Park further put his extensive martial arts background to use, starring as Toad in X-Men and Snake-Eyes in the G.I. Joe films.
Including Deadpool and TMNT, Amazing Las Vegas will feature many of the comic characters that are creating huge box office buzz this year: the original Star Wars, Suicide Squad, Superman and Batman. Guests will have unprecedented access to these artists in an intimate, fun environment.
Additional programming highlights include:
- Force Friday — all day Friday: Star Wars-themed activities and free sketches for fans
- Marvel Spotlight Panel — Saturday afternoon: Elite group of comic creators gather in Vegas,
working on fan favorites from Spider-Man to Wolverine, the Hulk and more. Group autograph
session following panel.
- Amateur E-Sports Competition — all weekend: Fans will square off with popular video game
personalities on the stadium big screen with Classic Street Fighter and Overwatch
- DIY Cosplay Workshops — all weekend: Throughout the weekend, attendees can also enjoy
DIY workshops by a family of costumers, Garage FX, who will demo DIY makeup and costuming
in the main hall, where fans can craft their cosplay and props using everyday items.
- Cosplay Costume Contest — Saturday, 7 p.m.: – The Las Vegas cosplay community will be
out in full-force, and these cosplay contests never disappoint! Prizes awarded to Best Newcomer
and Best Expert, as well as a grand prize for Best in Show.
- Kids’ Day — Sunday, all day:
- Free sketches by Mat Nastos, artist with Disney Channel’s Phineas and Ferb, and Tony Fleecs with My Little Pony. For kids 10 and under only
- Giant video game arena where fans can play favorites such as Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Halo, Street Fighter and more
- Costume parade, with all participants receiving a special prize
The Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con is a convention spanning the latest and greatest from the world of comic books. Hosted by family-owned Jay Company Comics, one of the largest comic book dealerships in the country, the event will bring the best of popular culture to Las Vegas. The fifth-annual event will take place at the Las Vegas Convention Center June 23-25, 2017. The event will feature a show floor packed with more than 100 exhibitors, an exciting artist alley featuring more than 200 artists, and autograph sessions giving fans a chance to interact with their favorite creators.
- Friday- or Sunday-only passes – $25 / Saturday passes – $35 / Weekend passes – $60
- VIP tickets – $160-$200
- Kids 10 and under – FREE all weekend with a paid adult
- Ticket information, VIP upgrades, and regular event updates are available at www.AmazingComicCon.com.
Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con LINKS: