On Friday, June 2, the five members of the Southern Nevada Sports Hall of Fame Class of 2017 will be enshrined at the Orleans Arena at 6pm. Including this year’s class, there are 98 total inductees (Pictured: Floyd Mayweather – Photo credit: Erik Kabik / www.ErikKabik.com).
The honorees and representatives include:
- Overton Curtis (honored posthumously)
- Butch Harmon (presenter: Eric Dutt)
- Floyd Mayweather (presenter: Leonard Ellerbe)
- Sam Schmidt (presenter: Todd Davis)
- Las Vegas Bowl (presenter: Rossi Ralenkotter)
- Dick Calvert, emcee
The Southern Nevada Sports Hall of Fame is a nonprofit organization committed to recognizing the outstanding achievements by Southern Nevada athletes both in the world of sports and in the local community. The organization is committed to the support and enhancement of Southern Nevada youth through our active participation in programs designed to promote leadership, values and character through sports.
Additional information can be found at www.SNSHF.com.