Five-Time Cancer Survivor Helene Neville to Complete Unprecedented Journey for Fifth World Record at Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino
Transcontinental running nurse, grandmother and cancer survivor Helene Neville is set to complete her unprecedented journey across the United States. Neville, who began her journey at the renowned Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino in April 2017, will become the first person ever to run across every state in the United States solo.
Neville is scheduled to arrive back at iBar inside Westgate Las Vegas at noon on Saturday, September 23, 2017 and will be welcomed by the cast of SEXXY.
Neville currently holds four world running records, a star on the Flag for Hope is a five-time cancer survivor, a nurse, grandmother, inspirational speaker and author. She has run 9,713 solo miles around the 36 perimeter states of the United States. For 7,173 of those miles, she carried a 22-pound urn filled with the ashes of her brother, who passed away just before the start of her 2013 run.
For more information on Helene Neville and her journey across the United States, please visit www.oneontherun.com.
Running Around The United States
- In 2010, this three-time cancer survivor went running. In brutal summer heat, she completed her first historic run from California to Florida, running an astounding 2,520 miles in 93 days. Against all odds, along America’s highways, Neville became the first runner ever to run the transcontinental southern route in the summer, her first world record.
- In 2011, Neville’s fourth battle with cancer delayed her second transcontinental run. But that didn’t stop her from running 1,560 miles from Vancouver, Canada, to Tijuana, Mexico, in 2013.
- Neville’s third transcontinental run started May 1, 2014, in Marathon, Fla., and finished 68 days and 1,860 miles later in Portland, Maine.
- Her final run began in Eastern Maine on May 1, 2015, at the Canadian border and finished 128 days later in Ocean Shores, Wash., on Sept. 5, 2015.
- On Oct. 8, 2015, Neville was awarded a star on The Flag for Hope. Neville was one of 50 prominent Americans chosen out of 323 million people for this honor.
- On Jan. 30, 2016, Neville ran the Las Vegas Strip, attaining her third world record by running the Strip for 35 hours nonstop and covering 135 miles.
- November 25, 2016 with her chemo port still in her chest, Neville created a Marathon of Love. She began her run at her childhood home spread some of her brother’s ashes and ran 10 miles to the Philadelphia Art Museum with the urn in her back pack. Neville set her fourth world record running the famous ‘Rocky Steps’ at the museum. She ran up and down the Rocky Steps 384 times covering 16 miles in 7 hours 30 minutes smashing the old record of 7 miles.