From Dec. 7 – 16 at Cowboy Christmas, Rodeo Live presented by RodeoHouston will bring live talk show style entertainment to rodeo fans. Free to the public, Cowboy Christmas is open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (PT) daily at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Halls and features just under 350 exhibitors and interactive elements for rodeo fans (Pictured: Flint Rasmussen – Photo credit: Steve Spatafore).
Each day, Rodeo Live presented by RodeoHouston will feature the following:
- RFD-TV’s Western Sports Roundup – starting at 10 a.m.
- Outside the Barrel with Flint Rasmussen – starting at noon
- Keepin’ it Country with Daryle Singletary – starting at 1:15 p.m.
- Rodeo Recess with Andy Seiler – starting at 2:15 p.m.
Rasmussen has been a staple at Cowboy Christmas and continues to deliver laughs, entertainment and special guests during the ten days.
Keepin’ it Country with Daryle Singletary will return featuring the popular country music entertainer sitting down with guests from the music and rodeo industry in a relaxed, comfortable atmosphere to share memories and acoustic performances. Rodeo Recess with Andy Seiler will provide guests with insight on the world of rodeo, focusing on the daily action at the Junior NFR presented by YETI.
Additional one-time events include the Miss Rodeo America Scholarship Foundation Auction on Saturday, Dec. 9 at 3 p.m. and the Fellowship of Christian Cowboys Public Church Service on Sunday, Dec. 10 at 4 p.m.
To add to the overall experience, RMEF’s Hunter & Outdoor Christmas Expo will be co-located upstairs in the South Halls from Cowboy Christmas. Over the past 31 years, Cowboy Christmas has attracted more than 3.91 million people.
In addition to Rodeo Live presented by RodeoHouston, Cowboy Christmas will include the following main anchor displays and programming elements:
- Wrangler Rodeo Arena – The arena will seat more than 1,100 fans and feature the Flag Girl Competition, Exceptional Rodeo presented by NV Energy and, for the second consecutive year, the Junior NFR presented by YETI with championship competitions in Bull Riding, Bareback Riding, Saddle Bronc Riding, Steer Wrestling, Girls and Boys Breakaway, Team Roping, Tie-Down Roping and Barrel Racing;
- Coors Rodeo Saloon – Every great “rodeo” needs a saloon. Located near the east end of Cowboy Christmas, the Saloon features food vendors and video screens with a replay of the prior night’s Wrangler NFR performance;
- Rodeo Way – This “Old West” setting features eight interactive industry and rodeo exhibits located at the east end of Cowboy Christmas;
- NFR Social Lounge – This area will feature radio remotes, contestant and musician autograph sessions, giveaways and more;
- Great Wall of Rodeo presented by Calgary Stampede – This fan favorite features a graphic of all Wrangler NFR contestants and other interactive elements.
Gold sponsors are Bloomer Trailers and Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. Silver and Bronze buckle level sponsors include Bex, Boot Barn, Browning, B&W Trailer Hitches, Calgary Stampede, Coors, Heel-O-Matic, Hesston by Massey Ferguson, Hooey, Impact Gel, Justin Boots, Montana Silversmiths, NV Energy, Nevada State Bank, Pendleton Whisky, Priefert, PrimeSport, Purina, Pro Fantasy Rodeo, Ram Rodeo, Resistol, RFD-TV, RODEOHOUSTON, San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo, Total Feeds, Inc., Wrangler and YETI.
Sold out for more than 300 consecutive performances, the Wrangler NFR attracts the top 15 contestants in bareback riding, steer wrestling, team roping, saddle bronc riding, tie-down roping, barrel racing, and bull riding. Under the new contract with the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association that runs through 2024, the purse in 2017 is $10 million. Qualification is based on the 2017 PRCA World Standings.
For more information on the Wrangler NFR and Cowboy Christmas, please visit www.NFRexperience.com or through social media at /LasVegasNFR and use #WranglerNFR.