First Friday Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization, announces that January 5th First Friday’s theme is “Commitment.” (Pictured: Painting by artist LaRon Emcee)
Key elements for this month include:
- First Friday’s Featured Artists – a collaborative featuring artists of LaRon Emcee and AROSE1. They will be displaying and collaborating on a painting Live at First Friday. LaRon Emcee is influenced by afro-futurism, cartoons, comic books, realism and portraiture and has shown his work throughout the U.S. AROSE1 is a 27-year-old multimedia/grafitti artist.
- Live Entertainment Abounds – with music of all kinds provided from 5:00PM until 11: On the City Stage: 05:00PM-05:45PM DeBlanc; 06:00PM-06:45PM Gia K & Mango Rankin; 07:15PM-07:45PM Travis Slumberland; 08:15PM-09:00PM B. Bigga; and 09:30PM-10:10PM Sounds Hound.
- Kids Zone: Kids Zone has a new partner: The Girl Scouts of America. They will be bringing a Planetarium for January’s event with several other interactive activities all geared towards STEAM. Kids Zone will be an educational and FUN must see!
- FIRST FRIDAY FOOTPRINT – Once again, the main stage moves to south end of Art Way parking lot. Majority of artists/vendors move to First Street, extending to Hoover. Premium Parking available in lot in front of Mission building and Art Square (accessed via Coolidge and South Casino Center Blvd.).
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The website, www.firstfridaylasvegas.com, is active, and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted for next month’s event.
January 5th First Friday Highlights:
Alternative to driving to the event:
- Las Vegas Rickshaw pedi cabs drop off and pick up at Coolidge and 1st rides from downtown Las Vegas to First Friday and back all night.
- Downtown Loop also provides transportation throughout downtown and to First Friday during the event.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, arts, crafts curated by artist Izaac Zevalking. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity.
ArtWalk 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. showcases work by emerging Las Vegas artists. Check out the artist booths in main festival area. Be sure to stop into the Arts Factory and Art Square, and visit the many art galleries and studios.
Paint by numbers every First Friday with Jasmine Farro and Friends
Kids Zone. In Boulder Plaza. Planetarium from The Girl Scouts of America plus other fun and education activities.
Community Productions Drum Circle 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Drum Circle participation all night long.
Food & Drink 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from over 30 gourmet food trucks and artisan food vendors. Enjoy drinks at the many bars both in the First Friday event area and nearby in the arts district.
Music 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. E320 Entertainment Group presents live entertainment on the main stage from 5:00PM until 11:00 PM. On the City Stage: 05:00PM-05:45PM DeBlanc; 06:00PM-06:45PM Gia K & Mango Rankin; 07:15PM-07:45PM Travis Slumberland; 08:15PM-09:00PM B. Bigga; and 09:30PM-10:10PM Sounds Hound.
And also brought to you again by local merchants: the southern end of the arts district offers antiques and fun happenings for guests. (Streets will be blocked from California Avenue to the north, Casino Center Boulevard to the east, Colorado Avenue to the south and Antique Alley (one block east of Main Street) to the west.)
First Friday’s January Sponsors:
- City Of Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Lights Pro Soccer Team
- Axe Monkeys
- Community Productions
- E320 and Limelight Productions
- Resort Stay International
- 805 Beer
- Channel 3
HOURS OF OPERATION:
- 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.