More blood transfusions are required in January than during any other month of the year. That’s why Brooklyn Bowl, Las Vegas’ hottest music venue, has partnered with United Blood Services to ring in the New Year for hospital patients. Give blood Jan. 2 – 15 at any United Blood Services Las Vegas area donor center or Nevada blood drive, save lives and earn a voucher for a complimentary ticket to a Brooklyn Bowl 2018 show of choice.
To make a blood donation appointment, call 1-877-UBS-HERO (1-877-827-4376) toll free or visit www.BloodHero.com (enter City or Zip Code) – locations detailed below.
“Transfusions have outpaced average patient need by 20% since the beginning of December,” said Tom Choi, President of United Blood Services Southwest Division which includes Las Vegas. “Donors of all blood types are needed now, especially those with O-negative, the universal blood that can be substituted for all other types in emergencies.”
Tragedy can and did strike without a moment’s notice last Oct. 1, and the Las Vegas shooting proved that it is the blood already on the shelves that saves lives. Donors came out in large numbers following the tragedy, but blood has a shelf life of just 42 days. “It is important to remember that hundreds of patients need lifesaving blood transfusions every day in our community,” Choi added. “To patients and families benefitting from lifesaving blood donations, blood donors are heroes.” United Blood Services and Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas are asking the community to make it their resolution to give once again in January, helping to Keep Vegas Strong.
United Blood Services Donation Locations
Call 1-877-UBS HERO (1-877-827-4376) or Visit www.BloodHero.com (enter your Zip Code)
- Henderson – Green Valley: 601 Whitney Ranch Dr. Bldg. D, Ste 20
- Las Vegas – Northwest: 4950 W. Craig Rd.
- Las Vegas – West Charleston: 6930 W. Charleston Blvd.
PUBLIC BLOOD DRIVES
- Sat, Jan 13, 10am-1pm, Black Mountain Recreation Ctr, 599 Greenway Rd, Meeting Rm A
- Sun, Jan 14, 9:30am-3:30pm, Sunset Station, 1301 W Sunset Rd, Galleria Rm
- Mon, Jan 15, 11am-2pm, Dignity Health-St Rose Dominican Siena Campus, 3001 St Rose Pkwy, MacDonald Conf Rm
- Thu, Jan 04, 11am-4pm, Fremont Hotel Casino, 200 E Fremont St, HR Training Rm
- Sat, Jan 06, 7am-2pm, Sam’s Town, 5111 Boulder Hwy, Sagebrush Rm
- Sun, Jan 07, 8:30am-1pm, Christ the King Catholic Community, 4925 S Torrey Pines Dr, Comm Ctr
- Wed, Jan 10, 4pm-7pm, Alternate Reality Comics @ Pioneer Plaza, 4110 S Maryland Pkwy, Bloodmobile
- Fri, Jan 12, 12:00pm- 4pm, Penta Building Group, 181 E Warm Springs Rd, Bloodmobile
- Sat, Jan 13, 12pm- 4pm, Glow Zone, 6630 Arroyo Springs St, Ste 1200, Bloodmobile
- Sat, Jan 13, 9am-1pm, LDS Elkhorn Springs Stake Tule Springs Bldg, 7500 Tule Springs Rd, Cultural Hall
- Mon, Jan 15, 11am-3pm, Dignity Health-St Rose Dominican San Martin, 8280 W Warm Springs Rd, Bloodmobile
North Las Vegas
- Thu, Jan 04, 8am-12pm, Nevada Partners Inc, 710 W Lake Mead Blvd, Bloodmobile
- Tue, Jan 09, 4pm-8pm, College of Southern Nevada, 3200 E Cheyenne Ave, Student Lounge
- Sun, Jan 14, 9:15am-1:15pm, St John Neumann Catholic Church, 2575 W El Campo Grande Ave, Classroom by Office
A Blood Systems blood center, United Blood Services is the blood provider for patients in more than 80 hospitals throughout Las Vegas, Southern Nevada and Arizona. Blood Systems is one of the nation’s oldest and largest nonprofit community blood service providers, currently serving more than 1,000 hospital and healthcare partners across 28 states to provide comprehensive transfusion medicine services for patients in need. For more information on how to Find the Hero in You, please call 1-877-UBS-HERO (1-877-827-4376) toll-free or visit www.UnitedBloodServicesAZ.org.
Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas, the brand’s third location, boasts three levels spanning over 80,000 square feet and is one of the largest performance venues of its class in America. Early on, People Magazine projected the venue as “on the fast path to being Vegas’ über cool place” and in 2015, Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas cracked the top 20 in Pollstar’s Top 200 Club Venues for Worldwide Ticket Sales. Since, Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas has been voted “Best Music Venue” in the 2016 Las Vegas Weekly “Best of Vegas” awards and was honored with the distinction of “Best Music Booking” by Vegas Seven magazine. Located on The LINQ Promenade, the open-air district in the center of the Las Vegas Strip, the multi-dimensional space boasts 32 lanes of bowling, six on-site bars and rockin’ comfort food by the world-renowned Bromberg Brothers’ Blue Ribbon Restaurants, including their iconic Fried Chicken celebrated on Food Network’s “The Best Thing I Ever Ate.” Follow Brooklyn Bowl Las Vegas on Facebook and Twitter or visit www.brooklynbowl.com/las-vegas/ for the show line-up.