In honor of the Lunar New Year, Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas resorts will celebrate the Year of the Dog with festive programming, special dining offers and traditional lion dances across the city, beginning Friday, Feb. 16 at 5 p.m. with a ribbon cutting ceremony at The LINQ Promenade.
Additionally, each of the nine Las Vegas resorts will welcome guests with elaborate decorations on the casino floor including hanging lanterns, banners, firecrackers and floral arrangements.
Four-Day Festival at The LINQ Promenade
Friday, Feb. 16, 5 p.m. – Ribbon cutting ceremony begins
Friday, Feb. 16 and Monday, Feb. 19, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 17 and Sunday, Feb. 18, 3 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- To kick off the Lunar New Year celebrations, guests are invited to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony with Chinese dignitaries and government officials at The LINQ Promenade Fountain Stage on Friday, Feb. 16 at 5 p.m.
- The High Roller, known as the world’s tallest observation wheel and an iconic landmark in the Las Vegas skyline, will be lit red and gold to mark the beginning of the festivities on the night of Friday, Feb.16.
- Throughout the four-day festival, guests will be taken on a journey around the world as they experience live cultural performances by professional dancers from the Beautiful Tianjin Arts Troupe and local Chinese communities supported by American Culture and Art Association of Nevada on The LINQ Promenade Fountain Stage. Dragon dance performances by Lohan School of Shaolin will also occur nightly at 6 p.m.
- Each day, guests can also enter to win prizes from a lucky drawing, the winner announcement will take place at 8:45 p.m. each night.
Lunar New Year Promotions (available Feb. 16-18):
- Select restaurants at The LINQ Promenade will offer a complimentary appetizer with an entrée purchase, including:
- Off the Strip Bistro & Bar – Select an entrée from the menu of classic bistro and bar comfort food to receive a complimentary appetizer.
- Virgil’s Real BBQ – Enjoy a complimentary appetizer with a purchase of an entrée from the authentic southern barbeque hotspot.
- Canter’s Deli – At the Jewish-style delicatessen, purchase an entrée from its menu of fresh, homemade specialties such as hot pastrami, corned beef and roast turkey sandwiches to receive a complimentary appetizer.
- Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery – Receive a complimentary appetizer with a purchase of an entrée at this themed sports pub.
- Jaburritos – Known for handcrafted, fresh burrito-style sushi, the restaurant will offer a complimentary side with a purchase of a sushi burrito or bowl.
- Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar – Guests can enjoy a complimentary order of chips and salsa with a purchase of an entrée.
- Additional participating outlets at The LINQ Promenade will offer 15 percent off for guests attending Chinese New Year events, including:
- Gordon Ramsay Fish & Chips – Receive 15 percent off at the celebrated chef’s takeaway-style British restaurant, featuring his signature fish and chips, drinks, brews and cocktails.
- ameriCAN Beer & Cocktails – Enjoy 15 percent off historically named cocktails and a beer menu of nearly 70 canned beers.
- VR Adventures – Visitors can participate in an immersive virtual reality experience for 15 percent off.
- Ghirardelli Ice Cream & Chocolate Shop – Guests can purchase two Chinese New Year-themed Luck Gift Tin filled with 15 Intense Dark chocolates for $20 (regularly $12.50 each).
Dining Specials at Caesars Palace
Honoring Chinese New Year, the iconic Caesars Palace will delight guests with a variety of distinct dishes and specials at multiple restaurants, such as Beijing Noodle No. 9, Tiger Wok & Ramen, MR CHOW and the award-winning Bacchanal Buffet.
Celebrations at The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace
The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace will welcome visitors during the celebratory season with dazzling décor, a festive parade, retail special offerings and more (Pictured: The LINQ Cultural Dance Performance).
The premier luxury retail destination has once again welcomed a 22-ft. long, 6-ft. wide and 12-ft. high illuminated dragon display, providing a stunning photography opportunity for visitors. A legendary creature in Chinese mythology and folklore, the dragon is a traditional symbol of power, strength, and good luck. The massive 950-lb steel-framed dragon is covered in 30,000 red and amber LED lights, many of which flicker, giving the mythical beast a vibrant look and dynamic feel. The impressive display was custom created exclusively for The Forum Shops and is on display now and throughout the Chinese New Year season.
For the 22nd consecutive year, The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace will welcome students from The Meadows School, who will perform the traditional dragon parade throughout The Forum Shops at Caesars on Friday, Feb. 16 beginning at 10 a.m. The cast of singers and dancers includes 120 students from The Meadows School – 60 from kindergarten and 60 from fifth grade, plus the school’s special guest, founder and Mayor of Las Vegas Carolyn Goodman.
A Chinese New Year brochure featuring exclusive retail offers at The Forum Shops will be distributed by special greeters on Friday and Saturday, Feb. 16-17, as well as at The Forum Shops Guest Services Centers and Forum Shops Valet.
Lion Dances at Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas Resorts
Keeping up with the Chinese tradition, Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas resorts will host 13 lively lion dances to bring good luck across the city, including nightly performances at The LINQ Promenade from Friday, Feb. 16 through Monday, Feb. 19. At each of the nine resorts, the lion dance performances will start at the porte cochère and make their way through the casino from Friday, Feb. 16 through Wednesday, Feb. 28.
The full lion dance schedule includes:
- Friday, Feb. 16: The Cromwell at 2 p.m.; Flamingo Las Vegas at 3 p.m.; Harrah’s Las Vegas at 3:45 p.m.; The LINQ Hotel & Casino at 5 p.m.; and The LINQ Promenade at 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Feb. 17: Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino at 12 p.m.; Paris Las Vegas at 1 p.m.; Bally’s Las Vegas at 2 p.m.; Caesars Palace at 5 p.m.; and The LINQ Promenade at 6 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 18: The LINQ Promenade at 6 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 19: The LINQ Promenade at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 28: Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino at 7 p.m.
For more information, please visit www.caesars.com.