First Friday Foundation has announced that February 2nd First Friday’s theme is “Rock and Rise,” continuing the current conversations about female empowerment, stopping harassment and abuse, and supporting awareness campaigns such as #TimesUp and #MeToo (Pictured: Lita Ford).
The event includes discussions and performances encouraging respect (the “Rise” in Rock and Rise) for all people. Key elements for this month include:
- First Friday’s Featured Artist – Steven Horlock is a Las Vegas artist who explores many genres and cultures. He specializes in oil portrait painting.
- Live entertainment – Powerful female guitar shredder Lita Ford will end the evening performances with her set beginning at 9:30pm. Liz Ortenburger, CEO of Safe Nest, delivers opening message about respecting and honoring each other at 6:00 p.m. on the City of Las Vegas Stage. Emcee Michelle Rohl ROX “A tribute to Janis Joplin” will host the evening, introducing women rockers.
- Evening will benefit Safe Nest: First Friday will host raffles with giveaways, such as Magic Mike Tickets w/live meet and greet, helicopter rides, local restaurants, Pink Jeep tours, Mob Museum tickets and much more.
- FIRST FRIDAY FOOTPRINT – Once again, the main stage moves to south end of Art Way parking lot. Majority of artists/vendors move to First Street, extending to Hoover. Premium Parking available in lot in front of Mission building and Art Square (accessed via Coolidge and South Casino Center Blvd.).
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The website, www.firstfridaylasvegas.com, is active, and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted for next month’s event.
FEBRUARY 2ND FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Alternative to driving to the event:
- Las Vegas Rickshaw pedi cabs drop off and pick up at Coolidge and 1st Rides from downtown Las Vegas to First Friday and back all night.
- Downtown Loop also provides transportation throughout downtown and to First Friday during the event.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, arts, crafts curated by artist Izaac Zevalking. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity.
ArtWalk 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. showcases work by emerging Las Vegas artists. Check out the artist booths in main festival area. Be sure to stop into the Arts Factory and Art Square, and visit the many art galleries and studios.
Paint by numbers every First Friday with Jasmine Farro and Friends
Kids Zone. In Boulder Plaza. Planetarium from The Girl Scouts of America plus other interactive projects supporting STEAM.
Community Productions Drum Circle 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Drum Circle participation all night long.
Food & Drink 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from over 30 gourmet food trucks and artisan food vendors. Enjoy drinks at the many bars both in the First Friday event area and nearby in the arts district.
Music 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Liz Ortenburger, CEO of Safe Nest, delivers opening message about respecting and honoring each other at 6:00 p.m. on the City of Las Vegas Stage. Emcee Michelle Rohl ROX “A tribute to Janis Joplin” will host the evening, introducing women rockers. Lita Ford will end the evening performances beginning at 9:30.
Chipotle: Get your flyer for First Friday Foundation fundraiser. Monday (2/5) following First Friday from 10:45 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Notify any Las Vegas or Henderson Chipotle cashier that you want to support First Friday and 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the foundation.
February sponsors include:
- City of Las Vegas
- Channel 3
- Las Vegas Lights Pro Soccer Team
- 805 “Firestone Walker”
- Resorts Stay International
HOURS OF OPERATION:
- 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.