Las Vegas, also known as Sin City, is the place to go to let loose and have fun in the sun. An oasis in the middle of the Nevada desert, Las Vegas offers year-round sunshine and warm weather. The city motto “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” has made it a prime location for bachelor and bachelorette parties and trips, as well as the ideal location for a wild weekend away or simply play in an online casino.
However, it also offers a range of family-oriented attractions and activities, making it an ideal place for family trips. Las Vegas offers up the ultimate vacation destination; a plethora of casinos, hotels, theaters, and more is sure to provide a fun and exciting trip you will likely never forget.
Where To Stay in Las Vegas
There are plenty of places to stay in Las Vegas, from sprawling resorts to towering luxury hotels. There is even a wide range of family and kid-friendly hotels and resorts in Las Vegas.
Top 10 Luxury Hotels and Resorts in Las Vegas
These hotels and resorts offer world class service and hospitality, providing luxury rooms and suites, quality amenities, penthouses, pools, casinos, spas, and more. Five-star hotels will cost more, but the quality of rooms and service make them worth the price.
- The Palazzo
- Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
- Wynn Las Vegas and Encore
- Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Delano Las Vegas
- The Venetian
- M Resort Spa and Casino
Top 10 Family-Oriented Hotels and Resorts in Las Vegas
These kid-friendly hotels and resorts offer family suites, pools, gardens, aquariums, and even roller coasters and other attractions sure to delight children and adults alike, creating memorable experiences. Some, such as the Trump Hotel, offer babysitting services so the adults can sneak away for some old-fashioned Vegas fun.
- Circus Circus
- Treasure Island
- New York, New York
- The Mirage
- Mandalay Bay
- MGM Grand
- Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa
- Trump International Hotel
What Shows to Watch
Las Vegas is known as the “entertainment capital of the world’. With so many music, magic, comedy and other performance shows, it’s easy to see why the city has earned this title!
- Cirque de Soleil: This production company offers eight shows in Las Vegas, including “Mystere”, “O”, and the 18+ show “Zumanity”. These shows offer unique performance acrobatics and stunts that are sure to leave you in awe.
- Penn and Teller: What goes together better than Vegas and magic acts? This long-running duo has entertained audiences for decades with their unique mix of humor and magic.
- Blue Man Group: This exciting and original performance group consists of, you guessed it, men painted in blue and lots of noise. The blue trio delights audiences with their spectacular shows, making music on unique and inventive instruments, combining lights and even water for a fantastic and magical performance.
- Thunder From Down Under: This 18+ show features Austrailian male dancers and is ideal for an exciting girls night out or bachelorette party.
- Absinthe: Another 18+ show, this variety show features circus acts, comedy acts and even topless ladies, performing close to the audience; so close, in fact, one act involves a tightrope over the seats.
- Jersey Boys: This is a musical about the rock and pop group Four Seasons, and is considered one the best Las Vegas musicals.
- Carrot Top: The famous curly, red-headed comedian offers a mix of prop-comedy and stand-up, offering a show sure to give you a good laugh.
- Criss Angel Believe: This popular show features the world-famous magician Criss Angel, who brings his mind-boggling magic tricks to life. If you are a fan of magic, you will want to be sure to grab a ticket!
These are just a few of the exciting and spectacular shows that Las Vegas has to offer. The city also draws the best musicians for concerts and several shows featuring impersonators. You will be hard pressed to find something you don’t enjoy!
Where to Shop:
There is no shortage of shopping opportunities in Las Vegas. In fact, the city offers some of the best shopping experiences in the world. Some of the highest-grossing malls in America are located in Las Vegas, including Ceaser’s Palace The Forum Shops, Via Bellagio Promenade, and Shops at Palazzo. These stores offer high-end luxury experiences, with stores such as Barney’s, Jimmy Choo, Chanel, Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, Louis Vitton and Gucci. There is also a huge assortment of pawn shops, guns and ammo stores, jewelry shops, and novelty stores. If you are in need of some retail therapy while in Vegas, you will not be disappointed!
Where to Eat:
There is no shortage of restaurants, diners, and buffets in Las Vegas. The city is home to many acclaimed celebrity chefs and culinary artists. Here are a list of the ten best restaurants to visit in Las Vegas, according to Vegas.com
- Guy Savoy at Caesars Palace
- Picasso at Bellagio
- Joel Robuchon at MGM Grand
- Carnevino at Palazzo
- Estiatorio Milos at the Cosmopolitan
- Sage at Aria
- Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace
- Top of the World at Stratosphere
- Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris Las Vegas
- Twist at Mandarin Oriental
These are just a few of the tasty locations available in Las Vegas. There is something for everyone; Vegas offers a wide range of food types and restaurants choices to match the diverse cultures of visitors that flock to Vegas every year.
Las Vegas is a spectacle in every sense of the word. Here are some of the most popular attractions the city has to offer.
The Las Vegas Strip is possibly one of the most recognizable places in America. The scene for many movies and also the location of multiple luxury hotels and resorts, casinos, and other attractions, the Strip is located just south of the city limits, taking space in two unincorporated towns; Paradise and Winchester. Some of the largest hotels, casinos and resorts in the world sit along the Las Vegas Strip, in fact, 15 of the world’gs largest hotels are on the Strip. Combined,these hotels hold over 62,000 rooms. The glitz and glamor of the Strip is sure to appeal to the senses and offers something for everyone.
Las Vegas is one of the few cities with amusement parks built right in. Many of the hotels and casinos offer indoor roller coasters and other rides to delight everyone. For adrenaline junkies, there is a huge assortment of thrill rides sure to get your heart racing. These include Sky Jump Las Vegas, X-Scream, Big Shot, and the High Roller. These are just a few of the thrill rides available in Vegas.
In the old downtown part of Las Vegas like Fremont Street. This pedestrian-only area provides a blast to the senses for any visitor. Covered in lights and filled with music and street performers, it will be hard to take it all in at once!
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Anyone with racing in their blood will want to take a trip to the Speedway. This 1200 acre complex offers NASCAR races as well as opportunities to experience speed-driving for yourself. It also offers restaurants and camping areas for those who want to stay overnight.
Located in the Venetian Hotel, the world-famous wax museum offers lifelike figures of celebrities, such as Elvis and Madonna.
Although the Grand Canyon is not located in Las Vegas, it is a common place for tourists to visit while in the area. The beautiful and majestic natural landscape offers a more peaceful experience outside the hustle and bustle of the city. There are even helicopter rides you can take over both Vegas and the Grand Canyon.
The Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay Resort
The Mandalay Bay Resort holds one of the most popular Las Vegas attractions: the Shark Reef Aquarium. This 1,300,000 gallon tank is home to a variety of sharks, rays, fish and other marine animals. There are roughly 100 sharks from 15 different species. Overall, the aquarium houses more than 2,000 animals.
Las Vegas is known for it’s themed hotels, offering fun and exciting experiences for their guests. Some of the famous ones include the Luxor Hotel and the pyramid, Ceaser’s Palace and the Colosseum, New York-New York Hotel with the skyline and Statue of Liberty, the Paris Hotel with it’s Eiffel Tower replica, and the Venetian Hotel with it’s famous gondola rides.
You can’t talk about Las Vegas without talking about it’s casinos. It is, after all, the gambling mecca of the world. The city that never sleeps stays alive with the sound of cards shuffling, roulette wheel clicking, and the ringing of slot machines. The most popular casinos are also part of the most popular hotels, and these include The Bellagio, Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, The MGM Grand, Ceaser’s Palace, and the Luxor Hotel and Casino.
Of course, these are just a fraction of the hotels, casinos, restaurants, and attractions that Las Vegas has to offer. There is something for everyone! You are sure to have an interesting and unforgettable experience with any trip to Las Vegas.