This Saturday, celebrate Cinco de Mayo with music, entertainment and dining specials at The LINQ Promenade located at the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. The party begins with a traditional live Mariachi band roaming the Promenade, which will boast vibrant, festive décor along with traditional street food, margaritas and Mexican-themed entertainment.
Party-goers can also partake in their own fun by watching the first Chihuahua Race benefiting Chi of Hearts, an arm of Hearts Alive Village Las Vegas. The dogs will win onlookers’ hearts as they make their way to the end of a course. Following the race, guests can play with the participating dogs located at a nearby “Chihuahuas Cuddle” booth and learn about the rescue’s mission and passion for finding new homes for pets in need.
Later in the evening, dancers will perform “El Jarabe Tapatío,” loosely translated in Spanish as the “Mexican Hat Dance.”
The High Roller observation wheel will transform one popular Happy Half Hour cabin and surprise guests with a “Tequila Takeover” as Sauza will host in-cabin margarita tasting. Happy Half Hour is one 30-minute rotation with an in-cabin open bar; tickets can be purchased here. Margarita specials will also be offered inside the High Roller’s Sky Lounge bar prior to boarding.
By sunset, the High Roller observation wheel will be lit green, white and red.
Numerous food and beverage establishments will offer Cinco de Mayo specials, including:
ameriCAN Beer and Cocktails
- Michelada cocktail specials and Mexican canned beer specials
Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar
- $20 “Breakfast and Buzz” featuring two egg and chorizo tacos and 32-oz housemade Dos Equis micheladas served in a 32-ounce Chayo Pilsner souvenir cup that can be refilled for $10 with any draft beer
- $5 16-oz. draft beers (Tecate, Tecate Light, Dos Equis Lager, Dos Equis Amber, Heineken)
- $8 shot of Patrón Silver
- $16 32-oz mega-drafts in a souvenir cup (Tecate, Tecate Light, Dos Equis Lager, Dos Equis Amber, Heineken)
- $20 32-oz. Sauza Hornitos frozen margaritas
- Street tacos and Mexican street corn
Flour & Barley – Brick Oven Pizza
- $19 Carne Asada Fry Pie topped with picante salsa, marinated carne asada, French fries, pico de gallo, fresh cilantro, topped with a creme drizzle. This special will run through Monday, May 7
Guy Fieri’s Vegas Kitchen & Bar
- $12 16-oz. Modelo draft and a shot of Sauza Tequila
- $7.79 Cinco de Mayo dog – charred grilled frank, pico de gallo, avocado sauce, machete sauce, cheddar cheese and jalapeños
Jaburritos Sushi Burritos
- Half off draft beer, sake sangria, hot sake and sake bombs all day
Off The Strip Bistro + Bar
- Food offerings include: Steak chiliquiles, pozole, chickten taquitos, pork carnitas platter, fish tacos and chicken torta.
- $25 bucket of Dos Equis, Corona and Modelo
- $10 Mexican Mule, Jalapeño Margarita or Reposado Old Fashioned
- $11 Cinco Herradura
- $6 Patrón and Cazadores shots
- $12 Kentucky Mule or Mint Julep
- Casamigos Margarita Cupcake, loaded with George Clooney and Rande Gerber’s small-batch tequila, available April 30 – May 13.
Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery
- Kentucky Derby Mint Julep (served until 4 p.m.)
- Corona, Modelo and Patrón specials
Virgil’s Real BBQ
- $9 Cinqo Margarita, Maker’s Margarita or Strawberry Lemonade
- $8 24-oz. Corona, Miller Lite., Coors Light or Modelo
- $8 Patrón shots
- $6 Maker’s Mark or Julep shots
- $5 Sauza Tequila or Skyy Strawberry shots
This Saturday, May 5
- 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- 12 p.m. – “Cinco de Chayo” patio entertainment begins, featuring live bands and DJs.
- 1 p.m. – Mariachi band performance begins.
- 3:30 p.m. – Kentucky Derby viewing party inside ameriCAN Beer & Cocktails.
- 5 p.m. – Chihuahua race begins near the fountain. “Chihuahua Cuddle” booth opens following the race.
- 6 p.m. – Dancers perform “El Jarabe Tapatío.”
- Sunset: The High Roller to be illuminated in green, white and red.
- 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Mariachi and folk dancers throughout the Promenade.
The LINQ Promenade
3545 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109