El Dorado Cantina, an authentic Mexican restaurant and bar close to the Las Vegas Strip celebrates its fourth anniversary this month. In honor of the milestone, all guests who dine at the restaurant through June 30th will receive a complimentary birthday cupcake, baked in-house and featuring classic vanilla cake, whipped cream, rainbow sprinkles and topped with fresh berries.
“We are excited to celebrate four years of serving authentic, non-GMO Mexican cuisine to locals and tourists alike,” said Executive Chef, Francisco “Paco” Cortes. “We want to thank everyone who has dined with us since we opened in 2014. Our continued promise to guests is to offer mouthwatering non-GMO cuisine, made only with the finest ingredients, from our quality meats, to our fresh produce and even our aromatic herbs. And what better way to celebrate a birthday than with a birthday cupcake, which we are offering for free to all guests this month!”
The around-the-clock restaurant is best known for being the only Mexican restaurant in the valley to offer cuisine made with organic, non-GMO ingredients. Chef Cortes and his team believe in using sustainably-raised products, which means that all of the beef, chicken, pork, shrimp, and fish used in the dishes originate from carefully-selected farms in the U.S. and are free from antibiotics, pesticides, and steroids.
The menu features authentic Mexican cuisine representing the regions of Mexico and its vast culinary traditions. All-time classic favorites and signature plates include:
- Tableside Guacamole
- Bacon-wrapped Imperial Shrimp
- Tostaditas de Tinga
- Variety of Street and Signature Tacos, Fajitas, Burritos and Enchiladas, each filled with meats such as Carne Asada, Chicken, Carnitas, Al Pastor
- Carne Asada Signature Plate (featuring tender citrus marinated grilled steak with cactus, onion, fresh guacamole and pico de gallo)
- Chipotle Chicken (featuring Mary’s Free Range chicken breast simmered in creamy chipotle sauce with grilled bell peppers and onions)
- Cochinita Pibil (featuring Achiote marinated slow roasted Hill Meat Company’s pork with rich Mayan spices, wrapped in banana leaves, topped with habanero onion citrus mix)
- Paco’s Mole Sample (featuring a tasting of three traditional chicken moles – Oaxacan chocolate, pumpkin chile poblano and Guajillo chipotle chile)
- Pineapple Shrimp (featuring Wild Pacific shrimp simmered in chipotle roasted salsa, topped with grilled peppers and served in a fresh halved pineapple)
Happy Hour is available 2 to 6 p.m. and again from midnight to 4 a.m. daily, featuring half off well and domestic beer, $7 food menu and $3.50 street tacos. El Dorado Cantina offers $5 1942 Don Julio tequila shots (valued at $35) every Tuesday.
The bar offers over 100 tequilas such as AsomBroso “Vintage” 11-Year aged and Clase Azul Ultra, delicious white, red and sparkling Sangrias house made with fresh fruits, assorted domestic, import beers, specialty craft beers including Samuel Pure Brewed Organic Lager and Eel River IPA, wines, champagne and bottle service. The drink menu features refreshing, house-made fresh juices, including tamarind, hibiscus, pineapple, and seasonal watermelon and mango.
The décor is sophisticated with its rich brown woods, hand-woven deep red wall coverings, wrought-iron Mexican light fixtures adding a soft lighting ambiance, custom built-in lighted birch wood boxes showcasing premium tequilas, several antique mirrors, and two beautifully-aged antique Mexican oak and copper doors hung near the bar.
EL Dorado Cantina is located at 3025 Sammy Davis Jr. Dr., Las Vegas, Nev. 89109. Hours of operation are 24 hours a day. For more information, visit www.ElDoradoVegas.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.