A record 2,000 volunteers will complete more than 250 projects at 85 local nonprofit agencies and schools on Friday, October 5 as part of the United Way of Southern Nevada’s third annual Day of Caring. Held at the end of the 1 October Remembrance Week, volunteers will help our community move forward and build resiliency at nonprofits and schools across the State of Nevada.
This year to increase its impact, $75,500 will be split among participating nonprofits and schools to boost the volunteer efforts.
Projects include a variety of activities like:
- Reading to students
- Painting school playgrounds and classrooms
- Landscaping and planting gardens
- Building furniture and benches
- Assembling food backpacks
- Cleaning up parks and schools
- Assembling tortoise habitats
- Friday, October 5, 2018
- 8:30am – 9:30am: Kickoff Celebration
- 10am – 1pm or 10am – 3pm: Volunteer opportunities at various nonprofits and schools
Town Square Las Vegas “The Green”
6605 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119