The $2 million Great Giveaway football contest, a locals’ favorite and longtime Station Casinos tradition, has returned for the 2018 pro football season, and it’s still only $25 to enter.
The popular Last Man Standing Pro and College Elimination football contests are back, too, and will offer up to $250,000 in cash prizes. The Great Giveaway will be available at all Station Casinos, Fiestas, Palms and Wildfire Gaming properties with sports books, as well as the Station Casinos-managed El Cortez sports book.
Last Man Standing will be available at all Station Casinos, Fiestas, and Wildfire Gaming properties with sports books as well as the Station Casinos-managed El Cortez sports book.
Registration for the Great Giveaway begins Aug. 8 at 10 a.m., and any guest who purchases two entries receives a third for free. Cost per entry is $25, and contestants may also use Boarding Pass points at Station Casinos, the Fiestas, Palms or Wildfire Gaming properties, or Club Cortez points at El Cortez, for payment or partial payment of entries. Contestants can purchase a fourth entry for $20. The contest still also includes the ever-popular “no lose” guarantee – all contestants who purchase their entry and play all 17 weeks of the game receive their entry back less prizes paid in the form of free slot play at the end of the season.
Throughout the 17-week NFL season, the Great Giveaway will award a total of $30,000 in prizes each week to players with the most wins or losses. The contestant who picks the most season winners or losers will win their choice of a home valued at $225,000 or $100,000 cash. The popular “Fiddle in the Middle” returns with total cash prize winnings of $200,000 for selecting the closest equal number of wins and losses for the entire season. For 225 winning selections, guests are eligible to win $1 million.
Guests may submit weekly picks for the $2 Million Great Giveaway with their Boarding Pass at any Station Casinos kiosk or sports book location or at the El Cortez.
Last Man Standing
For guests wanting an all-out battle, Station Casinos’ popular Last Man Standing Pro and College Elimination football contests are back and will offer up to $250,000 in cash prizes.
- Contestants will have the ability to win up to $250,000 in the“winner takes all” sports book contest
- Available for both professional and college football
- The fee is $25 per entry
o Each contestant that purchases four entries will receive a fifth for free for both contests
o Each contestant is limited to a maximum of five entries total
- The weekly contest card will be available in the sports books beginning Monday, Sept. 3, and then available every Wednesday during the 2018 contests
- The deadline for signing up is:
o College football: Saturday, Sept. 8 at 8 p.m.
o Professional football: Sunday, Sept. 9 at 9 a.m.
Cash prizes and progressing through the football contest
- Pick one winning football team against the contest line weekly
- Selections will be made against the point spread listed on the weekly contest card
o If a winning selection is made, that entry will remain in the contest for the following week
- $75,000 will be the minimum guaranteed aggregate prize for the professional football contest
- $40,000 will be the minimum guaranteed aggregate prize for the college football contest
- $135,000 winner’s bonus will be awarded to a player who individually wins both the professional and college Last Man Standing contests
- 100 percent of all entry fees will be returned as prize money and will be awarded to the last contestant remaining
Last Man Standing is available for play at all Station Casinos; Fiestas; Wildfire Gaming properties Wild Wild West, Barley’s, Wildfire Sunset, Wildfire Rancho, Wildfire Casino & Lanes and Wildfire Boulder; and El Cortez.
All Station Casinos’ football contestants must be 21 years and older, present valid identification to participate and be a Boarding Pass or Club Cortez cardholder. Complete rules, details and prize redemption information for all of the football contests are available in the respective sports books and at the Rewards Center at all participating properties. Management reserves all rights.