Mandalay Bay and Delano Las Vegas kicked off their fun-filled epicurean weekend, The Chef’s Table: an EPICurean Experience, with a lavish dinner this evening at Rivea, Alain Ducasse’s exquisite French-Italian restaurant (Pictured: Akira Back – Photo Credit: Brenton Ho)
A high-energy vibe mixed with eclectic music, engaging conversation and world-renowned culinary talent, the Dine Under the (Michelin) Stars dinner featured a tasting menu created by the resorts’ award-winning chefs: Alain Ducasse, Michael Mina, Charlie Palmer, Shawn McClain, Hubert Keller, Susan Feniger and Akira Back.
Guests began the evening at 6:30 p.m. with a cocktail reception at Skyfall Lounge. Along with a selection of wines and champagne, handmade cocktails were served such as the My Way, created with Grey Goose Alain Ducasse Vodka infused with coco nibs, vanilla bean and black cherries and Negroni 2.0, made with Tanqueray No. Ten, Pimm’s Cup No. 1 and Carpano Antica Formula.
Following the reception, guests were escorted to Rivea to begin the multi-course dining experience. The dinner allowed each chef to prepare a course showcasing their signature cooking style, with wine pairings by Mandalay Bay Director of Wine Harley Carbery. The menu featured:
- Akira Back of Kumi
- Tuna Pizza with Truffles, Micro Shiso and Umami Ponzu
- Pairing: Champagne Alain Ducasse Brut by Lanson
- Charlie Palmer of Aureole
- Roasted Heirloom Beet & Celery Root Salad, carrot, ginger, minus 8 vinaigrette
- Pairing: 2016 Lunae, Colli Di Luni Etichetta Griga, Vermentino, Liguria
- Shawn McClain of Libertine Social
- Smoked Ricotta Gnudi with Braised Rabbit, Chanterelle and Apple Agrodolce
- Pairing: 2015 Jean-Marc Boillot, Mâcon-Villages, Maconnais
- Alain Ducasse of Rivea
- John Dory & Santa Barbara Spot Prawn with Tender Fennel and Bouillabaisse Broth
- Pairing: 2017 Domaines Ott by Ott, Côtes de Provence
- Michael Mina of STRIPSTEAK
- Mishima Wagyu “Rib Cap” with Matsutake Mushroom, Gouda Potato Gratin and Alba White Truffle
- Pairing: 2014 Frank Family, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- Susan Feniger of Border Grill
- Peruvian Mac & Cheese
- Blueberry Ginger Tres Leches
- Pairing: 2005 Château La Tour Blanche, Sauternes
- Hubert Keller of Fleur and Burger Bar
- Bittersweet Chocolate Tart
- Pairing: Broadbent 5 Year Old Reserve, Madeira
Along with helping one another plate dishes throughout the dinner experience, the chefs greeted guests, answered culinary questions and took selfies with their fans. At the conclusion of the event, guests received a gift bag with a Delano Las Vegas luggage tag, Alain Ducasse’s My Best cookbook, Panettone bread made by Rivea Executive Pastry Chef Orady Ditgnavong and an official portrait of the participating chefs.
Mandalay Bay continues the epicurean festivities tomorrow with a Bloody Mary brunch hosted by Michael Mina; a four-course lunch and wine pairing experience with Charlie Palmer and a special dinner menu collaboration with Shawn McClain and Esther’s Kitchen Chef James Trees at Libertine Social. For more information, visit Mandalay Bay online.