First Friday Foundation has announced that its November 2nd First Friday’s theme is “Gather” – encouraging everyone to continue to gather together in unity and to discover and embrace all that is around us through creativity (Pictured: The Courage of Creation by Eric Vozzola).
Key elements for this month include:
- First Friday’s Featured Artists – Eric Vozzola is a studio artist, muralist, and graphic designer based in Las Vegas. He received his BFA in Graphic Design from UNLV in 2011. His most notable solo shows were held at Winchester Gallery, Whitney Library Gallery, and the Alumni Gallery at his alma mater of UNLV. He’s created murals and public art for the City of Las Vegas, Life Is Beautiful festival, and various private residences and local businesses. Exploring a variety of media, color theory, and visual motifs, Eric works with painting, drawing, digital media, and installation.
- Live Entertainment – Check website for complete list. 6:15 p.m. Mama’s Wranglers; 7:30 p.m. Jazzy & Friends; 8:45 p.m. Black Rhino.
- Fun Zone – DISCOVERY Children’s Museum joins First Friday again. There are many fun activities for families throughout the event, including Future Makers, Tour of Terror Bus and interactive art projects. Scales and Tails are back with several different reptile species to discover.
- HempWay, a new area of First Friday, dedicated to the education and promulgation of the hemp movement, offers a variety of speakers, exhibits and vendors featuring hemp-based products from food to fashion to building materials and art making supplies. In November, the theme is Fashion and there will be a live Fashion Show on Boulder and First Street during First Friday. Visit Hemp Beauty and Fashion area for products derived from hemp; enjoy Hemp Beer, CBD water and paint your own hemp t-shirts.
- FIRST FRIDAY FOOTPRINT – the main stage is located at the south end of Art Way parking lot. Majority of artists/vendors are placed on First Street, extending to Hoover. Premium Parking available in lot in front of Mission building and Art Square (accessed via Coolidge and South Casino Center Blvd.). Food trucks have been relocated to an area on Main and Coolidge – check out the food!
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The website, www.firstfridaylasvegas.com, is active, and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted for next month’s event.
NOVEMBER 2ND FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Alternative to driving to the event:
- Las Vegas Rickshaw pedi cabs drop off and pick up at Coolidge and 1st Street. Rides from downtown Las Vegas to First Friday and back all night.
- Downtown Loop also provides transportation throughout downtown and to First Friday during the event.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, arts, crafts curated by artist Izaac Zevalking. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity. Over 60 original artists show their works at the event.
ArtWalk 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. showcases work by emerging Las Vegas artists. Check out the artist booths in main festival area. Be sure to stop into the Arts Factory and Art Square and visit the many art galleries and studios.
Paint by numbers every First Friday with Jasmine Farro and Friends
Community Productions Drum Circle – appearing again in November.
Fun Zone: DISCOVERY Children’s Museum joins First Friday again. There are many fun activities for families throughout the event, including Future Makers, Tour of Terror Bus and interactive art projects. Check out Scales and Tails who present a reptile exhibit for photo opportunities and education.
Music 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Main Stage features a variety of musical acts throughout the evening. Check website for complete list. 6:15 p.m. Mama’s Wranglers; 7:30 p.m. Jazzy & Friends; 8:45 p.m. Black Rhino.
HempWay – 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. On the corner of Boulder Way and 1st Street. Dedicated to the education and promulgation of the hemp movement, offers a variety of speakers, exhibits and vendors featuring hemp-based products from food to fashion to building materials and art making supplies.
Food & Drink 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from over 30 gourmet food trucks all in an area bordered by Main and Coolidge and First Street. There are also other artisan food vendors within the festival. Enjoy drinks at the many bars both in the First Friday event area and nearby in the arts district.
Thanks to all generous November sponsors:
- City of Las Vegas
- Crown Royal
- 805 Beer
- DISCOVERY Children’s Museum
- LBCY Power
- Sun Run Solar
- Channel 3
- Las Vegas Lights FC, pro soccer team
- Resort Stay International
- Credit One Bank
- Community Productions
HOURS OF OPERATION:
5 p.m. – 11 p.m.