Wedding chapels and venues across Clark County will kick off Veterans Day weekend and honor our military members with the second annual “Las Vegas Marries the Military.” All day Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018, chapels and wedding professionals across the Las Vegas Valley will open their doors to members of the Armed Forces (active-duty, retired, veteran, national guard/reserves) by donating wedding services to selected military members.
The Office of the County Clerk and Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce (LVWCC) put a call out to the wedding industry to participate and received overwhelming support – 65 vendors have offered free services valued at nearly $70,000. Eleven ceremonies were accepted in this nationwide call to the Armed Forces where couples submitted a video to enter to win. Members of the military are traveling from across the country from Washington to North Carolina to enjoy a free ceremony.
Five of the ceremonies are weddings while six are vow renewals. Members of the Armed Forces have a variety of backgrounds from active-duty to retired and in between, with stories of quickie weddings by a bail bondsman before deployment, using this time to spend together since currently apart on orders and more. The local wedding community has come to support our military and are showcasing just the variety Las Vegas has to offer. In true Las Vegas fashion, additional surprises are in store for the couples.
THURSDAY: Nov. 8, 2018
Ceremonies throughout the Valley from 11 AM-4 PM
Group Reception from 5-6:30 PM at Copa at Bootlegger Bistro
FULL SCHEDULE – THURSDAY, NOV. 8, 2018
6-8 AM – Group hair and makeup and gown fittings at Creative Bridal Wear (4077 Dean Martin Drive). More than half the brides will be coming by for hair and makeup by Stevee Danielle Hair and Makeup while four will also be picking up their gowns.
12 PM – Army Capt. Rachel Brune and Capt. Robert Coombs renew their vows at Graceland Wedding Chapel by acclaimed Elvis impersonator, Brendan Paul (619 Las Vegas Blvd. South) Coombs, originally from Las Vegas and traveling from Seaside, Calif., the couple were married in New Jersey 12 years ago. Both still active-duty and with family here, they are looking forward to renewing their vows which they planned to do at their 10th anniversary and having family being a part of their ceremony.
- Brune will also enjoy hair and makeup by Blo Blow Dry Bar and the two will enjoy a 50-minute chair massage by Professional Massage Inc. They’re enjoying a night’s hotel stay from Baymont Inn and Suites
2 PM – Marine Corps Sgt. Mackson and Jammie Johnny renew their vows at Bellagio’s Terraza di Sogno (3600 S. Las Vegas Blvd.) Following a simple ceremony in Vegas, they were planning their dream wedding for this past August but had to cancel due to Mackson’s orders. Now living long distance with Jammie in Canada and Mackson stationed in California, they’re beyond excited for the time together and plan to apply each year they possibly can to renew their vows.
- Following the Bellagio ceremony, the two will embark on a Strip photo tour with M Place Productions at 3:30 PM. Jammie is excited to finally wear her dream wedding gown, which will then be preserved by Las Vegas Wedding Gown Specialists. Hair by Stevee Danielle Hair & Makeup; gown steaming from Creative Bridal Wear.
2 PM – Sgt. Andrew Parker and Rachael Campos marry at Lakeside Weddings (2620 Regatta Dr., #102) Locals to Las Vegas, the two have been together more than 9 years and have focused on paying off student loans rather than having their dream wedding, which will now take place outdoors on the lake, surrounded by friends and family. Parker is active-duty since 2002 and currently in the Airforce Reserves.
- The couple also won a first dance lesson with Dance With Me and dinner for four at Firefly* Tapas Kitchen & Bar
2:30 PM – Pvc. Curtis Strawn and Peggy Green marry at Vegas Weddings (555 S. 3rd St.) Strawn in an Army combat veteran; the two are traveling in from Missouri.
- Hair and makeup by Blo Blow Dry Bar; the couple has a tux and gown rental from Downtown Tux & Gown and won a two-night stay at Hilton Garden Inn-South Strip.
2:30 PM – Staff Sgt. Julian Fry and Roxsana Mora marry at The Wedding Salon at Wynn Las Vegas (3131 S. Las Vegas Blvd.) This local couple is excited to exchange their vows at their dream wedding venue in front of their friends and family. Fry is active-duty since 2008 and currently in the Army Reserves.
- Hair and makeup by Stevee Danielle Hair & Makeup; gown rental from Creative Bridal Wear.
3 PM – Sgt. John Ryan and Dolores Gee marry at The Chapel at Planet Hollywood (3667 Las Vegas Blvd. South) Henderson locals, the couple is both widowed and looking forward to spending the rest of their lives together. Sgt. Ryan is retired from the Marine Corps where he served for 15 years.
- Hair and makeup by Stevee Danielle Hair & Makeup; manicure/pedicure donation by Marie and Brad Souder with Universal Interiors.
3:30 PM – Maj. David Garrison and Sheri Stevens marry at Chapel of the Flowers (1717 Las Vegas Blvd. South) Traveling from Colorado Springs, Colo. This couple was apart for one year due to Maj. Garrison’s service where he is still active duty and knew they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together.
- Hair and makeup by Stevee Danielle Hair & Makeup; gown rental from Creative Bridal Wear. Two night stay by Home2 Suites by Hilton.
3:30 PM – Sgt. 1st Class Carlos and Angela Delgado renew vows at The Chapel at Excalibur (3850 S. Las Vegas Blvd.) – Married for 10 years, the couple lives in Tacoma, Wash. and San Antonio, TX so their son can graduate from his high school so are looking forward to a special weekend together with their whole family including their 2 yr. old daughter where they will also enjoy VIP treatment at the Tournament of Kings.
- Hair and makeup by Stevee Danielle Hair & Makeup; gown steaming from Creative Bridal Wear. One-night stay by Residence Inn Marriott.
4 PM – Staff Sgt. David and Chelsea Wooters renew vows at The Wedding Chapel at ARIA (3730 S. Las Vegas Blvd.) Traveling from Great Lakes, IL where they are currently stationed, this couple heard about this wonderful event from their good friends who renewed vows with Las Vegas Marries the Military last year! Staff Sgt. Wooters is active-duty in the Navy since 2010 and the couple married for seven years with two children.
- Hair and makeup by Stevee Danielle Hair & Makeup; gown rental from Creative Bridal Wear. One-night stay at ARIA.
4 PM – Capt. Hugo and Brenda Heyns renew vows at Paris Las Vegas (3655 Las Vegas Blvd. South) Married 43 years and nominated by their daughter, this loving couple is traveling from New Mexico to renew their vows. Capt. Heyns is an Airforce veteran where he served for eight years.
- Photography session donated by Ana Studios; dinner for four at Firefly* Tapas Kitchen & Bar; two night hotel stay at Hilton Garden Inn South Strip
4 PM – Maj. Adam and Courtney Bradford renew vows at Caesars Palace (3570 Las Vegas Blvd. South) Having a quick deployment three months after getting engaged, the couple had a quickie wedding in a jail house by a bail bondsman. Maj. Bradford surprised Courtney with the trip and that she can finally “Say Yes to the Dress” – her dream and her favorite show. Travelling from North Caroline where Courtney is finishing college and Maj. Bradford is active duty since 2005 and currently serving in the Army Reserves.
- 9 AM – Courtney has her “Say Yes to the Dress” moment with gown fitting and rental at Creative Bridal Wear.
- Hair and makeup at COLOR Salon, two night stay at Caesars Palace and two VIP tickets to Tony & Tina’s Wedding
5-6:30 PM – Group Reception at Copa at Bootlegger Bistro (7700 S. Las Vegas Blvd). Featuring music, dancing, appetizers, champagne and a wedding cake.
- DJ by Sight & Sound Events, moving photo booth by Smashbooth, appetizers by Sysco, wedding cake by Freeds Bakery, floral by Downtown Artistic Floral and linens by Current Events.
A complete list of vendors can be found at http://www.weddingchamber.vegas/vegas-marries-military/.
The event was founded by the Armed Forces Chamber of Commerce and the Las Vegas Wedding Chamber of Commerce. Last year, 10 couples participated in Las Vegas Marries the Military from all across the United States, eight of which were vow renewals with the other two being weddings. See photos from last year and current submissions at Facebook.com/LVMarriestheMilitary.