Cowabunga Bay Waterpark transforms into a winter wonderland and opens with festivities in one week, Friday, Nov. 23. During the holiday season, guests can enjoy an unforgettable evening winter wonderland featuring one-of-a-kind holiday entertainment, food and attractions.
Experience the park like never before, decorated with over three million lights, a 40-foot Christmas tree, 40-passenger Polar Express train ride, Jingle Bell Sledding Hill (with real snow), photos with Santa Claus, Rudolph’s Save Christmas Paintball zone, tastes from around the globe, and much more.
“I am thrilled to donate a holiday gift of one hundred 2019 season passes to two non-profit organizations; Sunrise Children’s Foundation and Nevada Youth Network,” said Shane Huish, Owner of Cowabunga Bay Waterpark. “We are pleased to support their important missions as well as contribute to the spirit of giving this Holiday Season.”
The entire park will be filled with festive holiday decorations, spectacular lights and displays, family winter activities and of course delicious holiday foods and drinks. Activities include:
- Nick’s Lighting Spectacular – Cowabunga Bay lights up the night with over 3 million twinkling lights that illuminate the park with festive holiday magic.
- Polar Express Train Ride – The Polar Express train ride will take riders along a track to view all the festive grounds and displays of Christmas Town.
- Jingle Bell Sledding Hill – Experience real snow in Las Vegas. Grab a snow tube and experience the thrills of sledding down an actual 100′ long snow hill.
- Santa Claus’ Cozy Cottage – Make some memories and get your photo with Santa Claus. This is also the best time to make sure you whisper in his ear your Christmas wishes.
- ‘Let It Snow’ Spectacular – Admirers will gaze at the spectacular light show as flashing lights dance along to iconic holiday songs and snowflakes begin to fall.
- Rudolph Saves Christmas Shoot Out – Thrill-seekers can help Rudolph save Christmas by defeating the Grinch and Abominable Snowman in the paintball zone for $10 (includes 100 paint-balls).
- Blitzen’s Bounce House Bonanza – Adventurers are invited to bounce around with friends and family through the 40-foot Christmas obstacle course.
- Merry Magic Tree – Marvel at the 40-foot tall Merry Magic Tree as over 500,000 lights sparkle with joy.
- Frosty’s Snow Ball Fun – Friends and families will have endless amounts of fun with a “snow” ball fight in the wondrous ball pit.
- Tiny Tim’s Train Ride – Little ones will celebrate the holidays with a joyful mini train ride.
- Sugar Plum Fairy’s Candy Shop – pick up gifts that will surely bring excitement. Christmas candy, homemade fudge, carmel apples and other delicious treasure perfect for stocking stuffers.
- Frosty’s Winter Treats – Here you will find all of unique of dessert items such as Holiday flavored funnel cakes, hand dipped chocolate churros and our delicious Belgium Waffles with your choice of warm toppings.
- Specialty Hot Chocolates and Warm Adult Beverages – We are serving three Holiday Flavors of Stephen’s fine Hot Cocoa all around Christmas Town. For the adults several Holiday options which include Hot, Spices Muled Wine, Buttered Hard Cider and several flavors of Einkstok’s Icelandic beers
Tastes Around the Snow Globe – Delicious entrees from five countries around the world will feature unique holiday entrees each paired with a delicious flavor of Stephen’s Hot Beverages. Guests will be able to choose from any of the delicious food options when they purchase a 3, 4, or 5 “taste” food package.
The tastes of Germany come together with traditional sauerkraut braised with spiced apples, bacon and brown seed mustard topped with a perfectly grilled Bratwurst. This delicious entrée is paired with Stephen’s Hot Apple Cinnamon Spiced Cider
An authentic French Charcuterie pairs the flavors of sweet, savory, spice and oh la la! Fresh cut salamis; gourmet cheeses and other assortments bring to life a true taste of Paris. This delicious entrée is paired with Stephen’s Hot Raspberry Dark Cocoa
Poutine has recently become Canada’s Toast of the Town. Golden crisp French fries are topped with fresh cheese curds and a rich, savory brown gravy. This combination of flavors will certainly make you sing “Oh Canada!“ This delicious entrée is perfectly paired with Stephen’s special S’mores blend Hot Cocoa.
The official Holiday food of Japan is golden fried KFC, yes it’s true, the Japanese pre order a bucket or two of Kentucky Fried Chicken to enjoy on Christmas. We’ve captured a rich teriyaki flavored chicken skewer atop a jasmine infused vegetable and rice medley that is sure to give the Coronel a run for his money. This delicious entrée is perfectly paired with Stephen’s Vanilla Chai Tea.
Ireland, famous for it’s heart warming soups, brings to you the richness of a hearty beef stew full of vegetables and chunks of perfectly roasted beef. Or enjoy the warm creaminess of our creamy potato soup full of flavor and tradition. Each soup comes with a side of bread, great for sopping up the deliciousness. These delicious soups are paired with Stephen’s Hot Irish Mint Cocoa.
Other Holiday offerings served al a carte at Rudolph’s Christmas Kitchen include hot roasted Turkey legs, savory and sweet Monte Cristo sandwiches, warm Chili and cornbread, butternut squash soup served in a sourdough bread bowl and BBQ/Cranberry meatballs served atop buttery mashed potatoes.
Admission is $25 (children under 2 are free) or complimentary with a 2018 Season Pass (Saturday nights excluded). Christmas Town is open Sunday – Friday, 5:30-9:00pm and Saturday, 5:00-10:00pm. (Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day).
Christmas Town at Cowabunga Bay opens Nov. 23 – Dec. 31 and kicks off a week of thanking the community with a gift of donating 100 season passes to two local nonprofit groups. The 2019 season passes will benefit nonprofit, the Nevada Youth Network, who partners with Southern Nevada Housing Authority and runs a youth center in the Sherman Gardens Housing development. The local organization provides recreational activities and tutoring for the youth of the neighborhood and gives them a positive alternative by empowering them with skills that will help guide them throughout life.
Passes were also given to Sunrise Children’s Foundation, a non-profit corporation organized solely for pediatric health and education, delivering a full scope of services from birth to five and providing a comprehensive continuum of care to ensure that children in Nevada have a chance at success, all free of cost. Sunrise Children’s Foundation programs support a myriad of critical areas focusing on optimal child development including prenatal care and breast-feeding education; infant and toddler health and development; wellness, nutrition and health education; parent education; reading and literacy skills; and positive family relationships.
Cowabunga Bay Waterpark, located at 900 Galleria Drive in Henderson, is the largest waterpark in Nevada. Get wrapped up in the holiday spirit at Christmas Town inside Cowabunga Bay, an unforgettable nighttime winter wonderland featuring one-of-a-kind entertainment and attractions. http://
During the summer season, Cowabunga Bay features more than 25 rides and attractions, it is the ultimate in family and guest entertainment. For more information on hours, opening dates, and purchasing information please call 702.850.9000 visit https://www.
cowabungabayvegas.com. Friend Cowabunga Bay Waterpark on Facebook or follow us on Twitter at @cowabungabaylv.