With numerous holiday activities and locals’ discounts abounding along the Strip this holiday season, gather the group and embark on a festive outing, while taking advantage of the Las Vegas Monorail’s $1 locals’ rate.
Start at the SLS Las Vegas—where parking is free—and continue with stops at any of the stations along the way to enjoy everything from secret locals’ menus to a Western-themed merchandise extravaganza, elaborate holiday décor, free seasonal entertainment and more. Activities and offers at the Monorail’s seven stations include:
- SLS Las Vegas – Show a Nevada I.D. for the “Secret Locals Menu” at the Northside Café and Chinese Kitchen and fill up with breakfast or lunch before you board the Monorail.
- Westgate Resort & Casino – It’s a holiday Spa-Liday! The Westgate’s Serenity Day Spa is featuring Spa-Liday: 12 Days of Spa Specials beginning Dec. 13 through Dec. 24. Each day features a different complimentary service, deep discount or other attractive offer.
- Las Vegas Convention Center – The annual Cowboy Christmas show will ride into town again this season. Now through Dec. 15, visit this FREE, Western apparel and gift extravaganza featuring more than 300 exhibitors from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- Harrah’s Las Vegas/The LINQ Promenade – See The LINQ Promenade’s transformation into amagical winter wonderland with candy-themed décor, the scent of fresh cut pines and nightly snowfall. Live performances by carolers or the whimsical ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas dancers take place daily at the top of each hour from 6 p.m. to 9 pm. In addition, locals can enjoy $5 off ticket prices for the brand-new FLY LINQ, the only zipline on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Flamingo Las Vegas/ Caesars Palace – Take younger houseguests or family members to theWildlife Habitat at the Flamingo Las Vegas. This beloved, free attraction encompasses 15 acres of lush grounds, which are home to exotic birds, fish and turtles. Spot Chilean flamingos, brown pelicans, swans, koi fish and more surrounded by sparkling waterfalls and vibrant, green foliage.
- Bally’s Las Vegas/ Paris Las Vegas– Nevada residents always receive 50 percent off admission to Las Vegas’ most romantic spot—the Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck at Paris Las Vegas. This half-scale replica of the City of Lights’ most famous landmark towers 46 stories above the Strip and provides unparalleled vistas day or night. Family package specials are also available at this iconic attraction.
- MGM Grand – Try out the immersive experience captivating everyone today—Virtual Reality at MGM Grand. Powered by Zero Latency, exciting, social adventures await—as do the hordes of the undead, topsy-turvy pathways and rogue killer robots occupying this completely interactive digital universe. Virtual Reality Powered by Zero Latency at MGM Grand is sure to wow adults, as well as older children ages 13 and older.
Locals can purchase $1 single-ride Monorail tickets at customer service booths located at every station (except the Las Vegas Convention Center station) with proof of Nevada I.D.
The Las Vegas Monorail provides a quick and convenient connection along the Las Vegas Strip, linking riders to world-class restaurants, shows, shops, day/nightclubs, spas, hotels and casinos. In minutes, Monorail riders can travel the famous Las Vegas Strip in a safe, comfortable and clean environment – without the hassles of traffic or wasted time. Currently, the privately funded Monorail system includes seven stations: MGM Grand; Bally’s/Paris Las Vegas; Flamingo/Caesars Palace; Harrah’s/The LINQ; Las Vegas Convention Center; Westgate Resort & Casino and SLS Las Vegas. Las Vegas’ “green” public transportation choice, the Monorail’s electric trains are zero-emission vehicles. Hours of operation are Mondays, 7 a.m. to midnight; Tuesday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 2 a.m.; Friday through Sunday, 7 a.m. to 3 a.m. For more information on the Las Vegas Monorail or where to purchase tickets, call (866) 4-MONORAIL (866-466-6672); visit www.LVMonorail.com or pick up a Monorail Magazine, available at all Monorail stations.