Las Vegas’ first esports “residency,” PlayTime with KittyPlays, made an unforgettable debut at HyperX Esports Arena Las Vegas on Sunday, March 24. Recorded in front of a live-studio audience, popular Fortnite streamer and host Kristen “KittyPlays” Michaela kicked off her action-packed variety show with competitive gameplay, fan participation, and in-depth interviews from an all-star lineup of celebrity gamers and surprise guests.
TSM Myth, Pokimane, KittyPlays, Tinaraes Fortnite 20 Bomb
The premiere four-hour episode streamed live on Twitch and featured a conversation and gameplay battle with headline guest and mega-streamer, Ali “Myth” Kabbani. Other appearances included Fortnite pros Tina “TINARAES” Perez and Madison “maddiesuun” Mann. Celebrated streamers Imane “Pokimane” Anys and Timothy “Bizzle” Miller were also featured as remote drop-ins, where the gamers took part in a Fortnite battle.
A pre-recorded interview and gameplay segment with Cleveland Browns quarterback and NFL All-Rookie Team player Baker Mayfield was included in the show, where the athlete spoke of how his adrenaline rush in winning a Victory Royale is comparable to throwing a touchdown pass in the NFL.
The series is produced by parent company Allied Esports with Michaela serving as co-executive producer and utilizes HyperX Esports Arena’s multimillion-dollar broadcast studio.
Each episode of PlayTime with KittyPlays will feature approximately six hours of original content, including:
- Michaela and her guests leading into the live program with a “Just Chatting” pre-show stream on their individual channels, starting two hours beforehand;
- Topical and personal thought-provoking conversations with esports’ top influencers and celebrity guests energized by live audience member and stream chat participation;
- Michaela’s unique perspective on recent events and issues facing today’s gaming communities;
- Live, high-level gameplay, including “Squad Fills” and challenges with Michaela’s special guests and lucky audience members chosen at random;
- Segments showcasing Michaela teaching pro athletes and celebrity gamers how to improve their craft;
- Pre-recorded video shorts highlighting up-and-coming esports stars.