Tickets are now on sale for the return of Vegas Unstripped By Locals, a unique festival gathering Las Vegas’ most acclaimed independent chef-restaurateurs. Taking place on Saturday May 11, 2019 from 8 p.m. until midnight, the second Vegas Unstripped will present unique offerings from 17+ leading local chefs at an intimate outdoor setting in the downtown Las Vegas Arts District.
More information including beverage partners, sponsorships and additional culinary elements will be announced later.
“The Strip is in Vegas but it is not all we are. We are 18b, Fremont Street, Chinatown, Summerlin & much more,” said Chef Justin Kingsley Hall, returning for the second year. ”I love Unstripped because it offers you the other half. It makes the city whole.”
“We’re very excited to keep spreading the word on the dining scene in Las Vegas beyond the tourist corridor,” said Eric Gladstone, principal of event organizer The Feast of Friends, “and to bring all these great chefs together in one place to celebrate their efforts.”
Unique elements of Vegas Unstripped:
- Independent, not-for-profit event focused on promoting chef talent (vs. particular restaurants or brands).
- Participating chefs represent the cutting edge of independent talent in Las Vegas.
- Chefs are challenged to create unique dishes for the night reflecting their culinary passions.
- Tickets are priced affordably to encourage participation from all food fans.
- Virtually all expenses of the independent chef/restaurateurs are covered by event revenue. All principal staff are volunteer.
- Oscar Amador — EDO Tapas 2018 Restaurant Of The Year designee, Desert Companion
- Geno Bernardo — The Summit Club (formerly of Herringbone, 50 Essential Restaurants by Eating Las Vegas)
- Johnny Church — Chopped winner
- Saipin Chutima — Lotus of Siam; James Beard Award Winner, Best Chef Southwest
- Chris Decker – Metro Pizza/Lulu’s Bread & Breakfast; Bronze Medalist, International Pizza Expo 2017
- Justin Kingsley Hall – Main St. Provisions (formerly of The Kitchen At Atomic; 2018 One of the Best Restaurants Near Fremont Street, Zagat
- Brian Howard – Sparrow + Wolf; 2017 Best New Restaurant of the Year, Desert Companion
- Shaun King — formerly of Momofuku Las Vegas
- Gina Marinelli — La Strega
- Mark Marrone — Graffiti Bao, Graffiti Italian (formerly West Coast Corporate Executive Chef, TAO Group)
- Jason Olson & Michael Plourde – Paid In Full; 2018 Essential Las Vegas Restaurant, EATER Vegas
- Ralph Perrazzo – BBDs; USA Today Best of New York, Top 3 Best Restaurants in Long Island
- Yuri Szarzewski — Partage/Eatt Chopped winner
- Jamie Tran – The Black Sheep; 2017 Best Neighborhood Restaurant of the Year; Desert Companion
- James Trees – Esther’s Kitchen/108 Eats/Ada’s, 2018 Best Italian Restaurant, Desert Companion
- Sheridan Su – Flock & Fowl/Fat Choy; 2018, 2019 James Beard Foundation Best Chef Southwest Nomination
- Khai Vu – District One/Le Pho/Mordeo Wine Bar; 2018 Restaurateur of the Year, Desert Companion
Advance tickets are now available at www.vegasunstripped.com for $75 (plus nominal fees). While all ticket holders will have equal status, these initial tickets will be the first-admitted group at 8:00 pm.