Mandalay Bay Events Center –home to world-class boxing, electrifying concerts and Las Vegas’ first professional basketball team, the WNBA’s Las Vegas Aces — recently completed a refresh of the space designed to enhance the 12,000-seat sports and entertainment venue.
“Guest experience was a driving focus during the entire renovation process,” said Scott Preston, General Manager of Mandalay Bay Events Center. “We have created a more comfortable and immersive experience where every fan feels a part of the action. As Mandalay Bay continues to be a center of the Las Vegas entertainment universe, we look forward to hosting the next generation of sports and entertainment programming in the Events Center.”
Upgraded Innovative Technology
Mandalay Bay Events Center has partnered with Daktronics and Musco Lighting to manufacture and install LED displays and energy-efficient sports lighting inside the venue.
- Each of the four main scoreboard LED video screens measure approximately 11.5’ feet x 18’.
- With 11.5’ x 3’ video displays installed in each corner of the scoreboard, fans get a full 360-degree visual experience.
- Each of the scoreboard’s eight screens are six-millimeter resolution to bring excellent image clarity and contrast to every seat.
- The main center-hung scoreboard displays provide fans:
- Variable content zoning which allows each display to show one large image or be divided into multiple windows featuring any combination of live video.
- Instant replay opportunities
- Up-to-the-minute statistics
- The displays can share additional animations, graphics and stats while also offering sponsors the opportunity to share their messaging throughout events.
LED Lighting System
- The newly installed system provides uniform, high-quality lighting throughout the Events Center, improving spectator’s visibility.
- Patented glare control technology greatly reduces glare.
- Enhanced venue lighting that meets WNBA standards and significantly improves HD broadcast quality.
- The system integrates with DMX technology for exciting special effects and light show capabilities.
- Energy consumption will be greatly reduced compared to metal halide lighting equipment.
LED Ribbon Displays
- The two displays are mounted just above the suite line.
- Each ribbon measures 2’ x 182’ – longer than the height of Niagara Falls which stands at 167 feet.
- The displays feature 15-millimeter resolution.
LED Scorers’ Tables
- There are five tables each measuring 2’ x 9.5’.
- The tables feature six-millimeter resolution on the exterior panels.
The arena’s TV monitors are equipped with enhanced broadcast capabilities and Stadium Vision Control to provide multiple sources to every screen and display, allowing high-definition resolution for anyone watching a game or event from their personal devices. These upgrades include:
- Added SMPTE fiber throughout the arena that allows television crews to connect and broadcast conveniently from inside the venue in multiple locations.
- Added fiber connectivity to transfer data at a higher rate of speed between the Broadcast Bay and the venue control room.
Enhanced Guest Experience
When fans enter the Events Center they are greeted with a refreshed concourse and updated seating area complete with:
- Upgraded seating with spacious new armrests and cup holders.
- New food and beverage options that provide a variety of selections guaranteed to satisfy every palate including Loop & Kernel cart serving buttery popcorn and warm pretzels; Philly Cheese Steak offering the authentic east coast favorite; BBQ stand cooking up mouthwatering flavors on the grill; Hot Dog cart grilling the crowd-favorite “Aces Dog” on game days.
- Modern, digital and easy-to-read signage
- Updated paint color palette throughout the venue
- Remodeled elevator cabins designed with new flooring and railings, revitalized walls and a vibrant overhead light.
The VIP Suite level experience inside the Events Center has been elevated with over 500 pieces of new furniture. With 11 updated private luxury suites and two added party suites, fans have the opportunity to enjoy an event in luxury style and comfort.
During the WNBA season Mandalay Bay Events Center transforms into “The House” for Las Vegas’ first professional basketball team, Las Vegas Aces. The venue made major changes and upgrades in order to accommodate the numerous professional and competitive sporting events in the Events Center throughout the year. Those changes include:
- A custom-designed basketball court that features playing card embellishments in the woodgrain giving the court a one-of-a-kind Las Vegas flair.
- An updated back-of-house catering kitchen equipped to feed the dedicated employees behind-the-scenes as well as guests attending a game.
- Remodeled back-of-house areas for visiting teams, entertainers, boxers and other talent to utilize when they are in the venue. These spaces were transformed into locker rooms, laundry facilities, meeting spaces and two new coaches’ offices. To reduce the risk of injuries, an enhanced training room designed to address prevention and recovery techniques, acute injury management and physical therapy and rehabilitation for every type of athlete, was added as well.
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Technology
- The Game Ready MED4 Elite is a break through, dual-user recovery system that is not typically available in other arenas. The new touchscreen-controlled Med4 Elite integrates iceless cold, controllable heat, rapid contrast and active compression therapies which offer the same muscle recovery as the cold tub without requiring athletes to get wet.
- H-Wave Electrotherapy is a unique technology that stands apart from other electrotherapy modalities to relieve pain and help speed the recovery process by increasing blood circulation and lymphatic drainage, improves range of motion, relaxes muscle spasms and prevents disuse atrophy.
- The DorsaVi testing system is a revolutionary wearable sensory technology that provides objective data to accurately assess injury risk, sport injury, guide athletic training and recovery programs and helps determine when its safe for athletes to return to play.
- Athletes will have access to Myofascial Decompression (MFD) treatment, otherwise known as cupping, which is useful in the treatment of chronic overuse injuries such as bursitis, tendonitis and other myofascial pain syndromes.
- Prevention and Recovery Technology
- A cold tub has been installed for cold submersion or contrast submersion to assist with muscle recovery and is large enough to hold three to four athletes at a time.
- Recovery pump boots are available and are equivalent to resting an athlete’s legs for 24-48 hours after just one to two hours of use.
- The dry needling station is used to stimulate self-healing mechanisms for tissue repair, reduce muscle tension to decrease pain and improve ranges of motion and function.
- The deep muscle stimulator uses mechanical vibrations that reach deep into the muscle tissue assisting with reducing lactic acid build up and promotion tissue regeneration.
For more information and reservations, visit mandalaybay.com, call toll free at (877) 632-7800 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.