The Venetian Resort is launching The Cocktail Collective Presents, a series of curated Thursday nights spread across The Dorsey, Rosina and Electra Cocktail Club. Each week, a different Cocktail Collective venue will host exciting, alluring and “postworthy” events in some of the most unique and lively bars in the city (Pictured: The Dorsey).
The Cocktail Collective Presents builds on the successful 2017 introduction of The Dorsey Sessions, an ongoing program of “micro-residencies” which has brought noteworthy bartenders from around the world to appear at the award-winning cocktail bar at The Venetian. The new series folds in two additional concepts, each unique to its venue: Rosina Connoisseur Nights and Shake Off at Electra. At Rosina cocktail lounge, guests can experience Connoisseur Nights, intimate and glamourous pop-up culinary and beverage experiences. As an homage to the beauty and femininity of Rosina, these special evenings will periodically celebrate notable Las Vegas women. Rounding out the series is Shake Off at Electra, which will pair well-known personalities as hosts of a friendly cocktail competition. Playing off Electra’s energetic and vivacious atmosphere, Shake Off will challenge competitors to embrace their individual tastes while maintaining a collaborative spirit by inviting their friends, fans and followers to “vote” for their favorite cocktail creation as the winner.
“We know our guests and locals are looking for engaging activities on Thursday nights. Whether it’s after dinner, before a night at the club, or as a destination on its own, The Cocktail Collective Presents will provide elevated and captivating nightlife experiences,” said, Marcy Miles, chief marketing officer at The Venetian Resort. “For those in the know, Thursdays belong to The Cocktail Collective Presents and The Venetian Resort.”
The Dorsey Sessions
Upcoming Dorsey Sessions bartenders include:
- Erick Castro of European-inspired bar Raised by Wolves in Downtown San Diego, and host of Bartender at Large the popular podcast featuring some of the industry’s biggest names – (May 16).
- Ivy Mix, named Best American Bartender at Tales of the Cocktail in 2015, of pan-Latin cocktail bar Leyenda Brooklyn Cocteleria from Brooklyn – (Aug. 5).
- Kelsey Ramage and Iain Griffiths of Trash Tiki in Toronto, known for its global pop-up tour and industry leaders in the zero-waste cocktail movement – (Nov. 17).
The Dorsey Sessions has hosted guest bartenders from world renowned bar programs including: Yael Vengroff, the 2018 Spirited Award winner for American Bartender of the Year of Los Angeles’ Spare Room; José Luis León of Licorería Limantour in Mexico City, a bar that has made the 50 Best Bars list every year since 2014; Anthony Schmidt and Eric “Shrimp Toast” Long of San Diego’s False Idol tiki bar; and, most recently, Lynnette Marrero of Brooklyn’s Llama Inn and the co-creator of Speed Rack, the world’s first all-female speed bartending competition.
Rosina Connoisseur Nights
Rosina Connoisseur Nights will welcome:
- Celebrate Women in Television, hosted by Jillian Lopez, Entertainment & Lifestyle Reporter at Meredith Corporation, paired with the unveiling of Moët’s custom Rosé menu – (May 23).
- Caviar, Champagne & Vodka, where guests can learn from Moët and Belvedere ambassadors about pairing bubbles and clean, crisp vodka with the luxurious delicacy – (July 18).
- Celebrate Women in Media, hosted by Emmy Kasten, Editor-in-Chief of VEGAS magazine. Guests will also be treated to Rosina’s newest seasonal fruit offering, while the knowledgeable bar team serves classic cocktails with fresh, delicious twists – (Aug. 29).
Shake Off at Electra
Upcoming Shake Off at Electra personalities will include:
- Hannah Bronfman, author of “Do What Feels Right: Recipes, Remedies and Routines to Treat Your Body Right,” wellness enthusiast, and DJ – (May 30)
- Melinda Sheckells vs. Mark Gray, award-winning journalists with more than 30 years of combined experience and the hosts of the celebrated lifestyle and entertainment radio show and podcast on RADIO.com, Flip the Strip – (June 13)
The Cocktail Collective at The Venetian Resort is a portfolio of three nightlife destinations; the sophisticated Dorsey cocktail bar, the romantic Rosina cocktail lounge, and the inventive Electra Cocktail Club. Together, these venues have redefined cocktail culture in Las Vegas, featuring drink menus from noted barman Sam Ross, under the direction of lead bartenders Juyoung Kang (The Dorsey), Evan Hosaka (Electra) and Daniel Yang (Rosina).
Additional dates for The Dorsey Sessions, Rosina Connoisseur Nights and Shake Off at Electra will be added throughout the year. For more information please visit venetian.com.