Motley Brews’ third annual Hopped Taco Throwdown has announced its lineup of breweries and competing tacos. The experiential event will be held at Zappos Headquarters’ backyard in Downtown Las Vegas from 8 to 11 p.m., with early entry beginning at 7 p.m. for VIP guests, on Saturday, June 8 (Photo credit: Fred Morledge / Photo FM).
The Hopped Taco Throwdown will include endless craft brew samplings throughout the evening from top local and regional breweries. Beer highlights at this year’s festival include Big Dog’s Underbite IPA and Big Dog’s Cucumber Lime Lager from Big Dog’s Brewing Company; Silver State Blonde and Zitrone Gose from CraftHaus Brewery; Salted Caramel Rauchbier and Citra Rye Pale Ale from Joseph James Brewing Company; Brooklyn Bel Air Sour and Brooklyn Brown Ale from Tonopah Brewing Company; Juicy Hazy IPA and Hop Rising IPA from Wasatch Brewery; and more.
Chefs will step out of their culinary comfort zones and compete to earn the title of “Hopped Taco Champion” in one of three categories: Hopped Taco, for best-beer-infused taco; Taco Loco, for most creative taco; and Taco Dulce, for best dessert taco.
Menu highlights this year will include:
- Cut and Taste, featuring Chef Adam Pusateri
- Ghostrider IPA Carne Asada Taco: a Ghostrider IPA-marinated carne asada taco with hopped aioli, pickled cabbage slaw and Fresno chili pepper
- Grapefruit Ahi Tuna Taco: ahi tuna taco with grapefruit ponzu, jicama slaw, mint crema and micro basil
- Andiron Steak & Sea, featuring Chef Chris Bulen
- Mi Pajaro Feliz: stout-infused confit chicken mole with cotija crema, pickled Fresno chili pepper, cabbage and lime
- La Segunda Venida de Dulce: Tajin-marinated fruits with a sweet corn tostada, cherimoya guacamole and dark chocolate cocoa nibs
- Esther’s Kitchen, featuring Chef James Trees
- I’m Quacking Up: stout-infused duck mole taco
- Lick ‘em All: beef lengua al pastor with crispy shrimp
- Buddy V’s Ristorante, featuring Chef Bryan Forgione
- El Guapo’s Taco: wood-grilled steak with chili-ale salsa, quesa fresco and hopped pico de gallo
- The Italian Stallion: Porchetta with hot vinegar peppers and pecorino on a focaccia taco
Both general admission and VIP tickets are available for the 21+ event, which includes endless tacos and craft beer samples. General admission tickets are available with prices starting at $60 and VIP starting at $85. VIP tickets include one-hour early entry at 7 p.m. and upgraded glassware for sampling brews. More information about Hopped Taco Throwdown is on Facebook, Instagram or online.