Vegas Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee announced today, June 24, that the team has signed forward William Karlsson to an eight-year contract through the 2026-27 season worth an average annual value of $5.9 million.
Karlsson, 26, finished his second season with the Golden Knights with 56 points (24 G, 32 A) to go with 16 penalty minutes. He finished with 13 multi-point games, including three games where he recorded three points.
The Marsta, Sweden native recorded his 150th career point on December 6 and now has 184 career points (85 G, 99 A) through five seasons in the NHL. Karlsson is the only player in franchise history to have appeared in every regular season game and postseason contest, a total of 191 games. He was originally acquired by the Golden Knights during the 2017 Expansion Draft.
William Karlsson, Forward
Birthplace: Marsta, Sweden
Born: January 8, 1993
Weight: 189 lbs.
Draft: Selected by Anaheim in the second round (53rd overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft
– Has recorded 134 points (67 G, 67 A) to go with 28 penalty minutes in 164 games with the Vegas Golden Knights
– Is the only player to appear in every regular season and postseason game in Golden Knights history (191 games)
– Recorded 150th career point at Chicago (Dec. 6, 2018).
– Recorded career high 55 blocked shots and 51 hits during the 2018-19 season
– Had seven power-play goals during the 2018-19 season, which led the team
– Scored fastest goal in team history at 14 seconds into the game (Nov. 24, 2018)
– Was awarded the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy following the 2017-18 season, which is given to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability
– Set new career marks in goals (43), assists (35), and points (78) in 2017-18
– Increased goal production from six goals in 2016-17 to 43 in 2017-18.
– Was the only Vegas player to record a hat trick during the 2017-18 season, and he finished the year with two: vs. Toronto (12/31) and vs. Calgary (3/18)
The Vegas Golden Knights are a National Hockey League franchise owned and operated by Black Knight Sports and Entertainment LLC. The Vegas Golden Knights were established by founding partners William Foley and his family and the Maloof family. For the latest news and information on the Golden Knights visit vegasgoldenknights.com. Fans can follow the team on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.