First Friday Foundation has announced that July 5th First Friday’s theme is “Rejuve.” First Friday asks attendees to rejuvenate their creative selves, embracing connections and feeling good this summer (Pictured: Painting by artist Byron Stout).
Key elements for this month include:
- First Friday’s Featured Artists – Byron Stout grew up in Provo, Utah and showed his artistic talents as a young child, eventually earning an Art degree from Utah Valley University and displaying his paintings at the Fairfield History Museum. He relocated to Las Vegas in 2007. For the last two years Byron has been a “live painter” at First Friday, showing his bold use of color and quirky subject matter.
- Las Vegas Field and Focus – presents local live artist “Katelyn” with interactive art activities for all attendees.
- Live Entertainment – Check website for complete list (starting from 6:00 p.m. through 11:00 p.m.). Starting at 7:00 – 7:15 p.m. with Deblanc; 7:30 – 7:45 p.m. Chloe J with her new hit single, KRAWLZ; 8:15 – 9:00 p.m. Cameron Dettman; 9:30 – 10:15 p.m. Joey Miceli (full band CD release performance) and 10:30 – 11:00 p.m. Jazzy Cadiente.
- Cooling Lounge – presented by Urban Ice Organics. Also experience live interactive art by Clarice Tara and Jose Alvarez.
- Art Showdown – Attendees vote for the winner. Two teams this month: Team 1: @tonecastle and @davidlart and Team 2: @drlepper, @aziaskeenart and @laronmcee.
- HempWay – dedicated to the education and promulgation of the hemp movement, offering a variety of speakers, exhibits and vendors featuring hemp-based products from food to fashion to building materials and art making supplies.
- First Friday Footprint – the main stage is located at the south end of Art Way parking lot. Majority of artists/vendors are placed on First Street, extending to Hoover. Food trucks are in front of the Mission Building. Check the website and/or social media for parking information.
- New Parking Info – Park at the City Hall Garage (500 South Main Street) for $5 with FREE City Loop Shuttles. Sin City Pedicabs also drop off directly to event and pick up from 5:00 p.m. till midnight.
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The website, www.firstfridaylasvegas.com, is active, and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted for next month’s event.
July 5th First Friday Highlights:
Alternative to driving to the event:
- Sin City Cycle Cab drop off and pick up at 1st Street and Hoover Avenue. Rides from downtown Las Vegas to First Friday and back all night, including from City Hall parking garage.
- Downtown Loop also provides transportation throughout downtown and to First Friday during the event.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, arts, crafts curated by artist Izaac Zevalking. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity. Over 100 original artists are showing their works this month.
ArtWalk 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. showcases work by emerging Las Vegas artists. Check out the artist booths in main festival area. Be sure to stop into the Arts Factory and Art Square and visit the many art galleries and studios.
Community Productions Drum Circle Join them for drumming fun.
Fun Zone There are many fun activities for families throughout the event.
Music 6:00 p.m. through 11:00 p.m. Starting at 7:00 – 7:15 p.m. with Deblanc; 7:30 – 7:45 p.m. Chloe J with her new hit single, KRAWLZ; 8:15 – 9:00 p.m. Cameron Dettman; 9:30 – 10:15 p.m. Joey Micelli (full band CD release performance) and 10:30 – 11:00 p.m. Jazzy Cadiente.
HempWay 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. On the corner of Boulder Way and 1st Street. Dedicated to the education and promulgation of the hemp movement, offers a variety of speakers, exhibits and vendors featuring hemp-based products from food to fashion to building materials and art making supplies.
Food & Drink 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from over 45 delicious food vendors. There are also other artisan food vendors within the festival. Enjoy Smirnoff Red White and Berry and drinks at the many bars both in the First Friday event area and nearby in the arts district.
July sponsors include:
- City of Las Vegas
- Smirnoff Red White and Berry
- Urban Ice Organics
- 805 Beer
- Channel 3
- Resort Stay International
- Las Vegas Field and Focus
- Community Productions
S OF OPERATION:
5 p.m. – 11 p.m.