Whether you are in Vegas for pleasure, or to attend a business convention, you need to be able to get around as easily as possible. One transport option that is now popular in the city is using the Uber service.
Booking a ride through Uber is simple and it can be more affordable then using a regular cab. Of course, the choice between an Uber and a regular cab is down to personal choice but there are some benefits that using Uber can provide.
Uber prices remain as quoted
One of the biggest benefits of riding in an Uber vehicle is that you know the price you pay is always the one that is originally quoted. This means that the driver is never going to be tempted to take you on a longer route in order to increase the fare, as can happen during a regular cab journey.
The fact that the fare is always is quoted also means that congestion on The Strip, when you are travelling in from the airport, does not cost you extra cash.
The Uber service is quick and efficient
On the majority of occasions, hiring an Uber driver is quick and easy. All you need to do is book a ride using the Uber app. Booking and payment is dealt with through the app so you do not even have to worry about having any cash on you at the time.
Tips for using Uber in Vegas
If you decide that using Uber in Vegas is the best option for you, there are some tips that you may find useful.
- Do not forget to tip the Uber driver. Most of the journeys these drivers make are only short, so they do not earn a lot of cash. It’s easy to forget the tip because the fare is already paid but you should always give the driver a couple of extra dollars.
- Know the location of the nearest Uber staging area to your accommodation. Most of the major hotels have their own staging areas for Uber and Lyft.
- If you are in a congested area, it helps to arrange to meet the Uber driver a short distance away where it’s less congested.
- If the Uber you are travelling in is involved in an accident, make sure you know what action to take.
- Be aware that surge pricing exists so Uber fares increase dramatically at busy times. The prices are particularly high between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. at night. On these occasions it’s worth comparing the cost with other options such as a regular cab or the Lyft service.
Using the Uber service can be a convenient and cost-effective way of getting around Las Vegas. However, always be aware that surge pricing is in operation, so it’s worth comparing the cost of different travel options, before you decide to hire an Uber driver. This way you make sure that you choose the best option.