First Friday Foundation has announced that the October 4 First Friday’s theme is “One World through Art,” reminding attendees that art continues to break down barriers and unite all cultures together within our community.
Key elements for this month include:
- First Friday’s Featured Artist – Jesse Hudson, photographer and artist based in Las Vegas. Hudson explores the development and long-term impact of human behavior, technology, perception and time.
- Live Entertainment – Check website for complete list of entertainers (starting 5:00 p.m. through 11:00 p.m.) 5:00 – 5:30 p.m. Special Fashion Show (see below); 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. West Las Vegas Performance Ensemble; 7:00 – 7:45 p.m. Suavae jazz trio; 8:15 – 9:15 p.m. School of Rock Adult Band and 9:45 – 10:45 p.m. Soloman Grundy
- Special 17th Anniversary Fashion Show – curated by Abby Stroot, local owner of Pin Cushion. All designs created by local designers with Hollywood Access models on the runway. Fashion Show will be judged by local arts district community members Jennifer Cornthwaite, Janelle Mazza and Izaac Zevalking.
- Final Art Show Down – Winners will be awarded at the November First Friday. Team One: Justin Lepper, Azia Skeen and Laron Emcee. Team Two: Geneva Marquez, Gina BoBina and Mark Goddard.
- First Friday Footprint – the main stage is located at the south end of Art Way parking lot. Majority of artists/vendors are placed on First Street, extending to Hoover. Food trucks are in the Art Square parking lot.
- Parking Info – Park at the City Hall Garage (500 South Main Street) for $5 with FREE City Loop shuttles. Sin City Pedicabs also drop off directly to event and pick up from 5:00 p.m. until midnight.
Suavae` Live Performance
The First Friday Foundation will post updates and special offers on scheduled First Friday events and other programming through its social media channels – on Facebook at www.facebook.com/firstfridaylasvegas and Twitter @FirstFridayLV. The Website www.Ffflv.Org is active and applications for artists and vendors are currently being accepted for next month’s event.
OCTOBER 4 FIRST FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS:
Alternative to driving to the event:
- Sin City Cycle Cab drop off and pick up at 1st Street and Hoover Avenues. Rides from downtown Las Vegas to First Friday and back all night, including from City Hall parking garage.
- Downtown Loop also provides transportation throughout downtown and to First Friday during the event.
Art Style: Emerging and established artists, craftspeople. Curated by artist Izaac Zevalking. Interactive painting for those who want to explore their own creativity. Artists in tents at the event and in the many galleries surrounding the event.
ArtWalk 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. showcases work by primarily local artists. Check out the artists booths in the event and be sure to stop in the many galleries in the arts district – Arts Factory, Art Square, along Main Street.
Family fun – there is always something fun for the whole family at First Friday.
Music – 5:00 – 5:30 p.m. Special Fashion Show (see below); 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. West Las Vegas Performance Ensemble; 7:00 – 7:45 p.m. Suave Jazz trio; 8:15 – 9:15 p.m. School of Rock Adult Band and 9:45 – 10:45 p.m. Soloman Grundy. Check website for complete details.
Food & Drink – 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Explore the many options for your taste buds as the First Friday culinary experience is back in full force with delicious options from the many food trucks, artisan food vendors and restaurants throughout the First Friday footprint and the entire arts district. Friends from Diageo help celebrate with free samplings of Captain Morgan. Enjoy the many bars both in the First Friday event and nearby in the arts district.
Thanks to all our generous October sponsors:
- City of Las Vegas
- Captain Morgan
- Downtown Loop Shuttle
- 805 Beer
- Channel 3
- Resort Stay International
- Deblanc Music
Hours of Operation
5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.