As part of the Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekend, the VLV Car Show is one of the largest classic car shows in North America, featuring over 800 vintage cars, all pre-1964, as well as famous movie cars, tons of vendors selling vintage and reproduction clothing and memorabilia, and the VLV “Queen of the Car Show” Pin-up Contest (Photo credit: Tom Ingram).
One day tickets are available for the Car Show event for those not attending the full 4-day festival. The Viva Las Vegas Car show annually attracts up to 20,000 people. Kids 15 and under are admitted free with parents.
Performers will include Royal Crown Revue, JD McPherson, The Rhythm Shakers, The Polecats and Smokestack Lightnin’ at the Car Showon Saturday, April 11.
VLV23 Car Show Promo Feb 2020 httpvh://youtu.be/K-rH0r21srU
VLV is the largest Rockabilly event in the world, featuring over 100 bands, 20+ DJs, and fans from all over the globe, who come to experience Rockabilly & 50s Music, Cars, Burlesque, Vintage Fashion, Dance Lessons and Competition, Pool Parties, swimsuit contests, over 120 Vendors, a Bowling event, Tattoo Lounge and more. VLV attracts some of the the most eye-catching, stylish, people you will ever see in one place.
- Royal Crown Revue (of The Mask movie fame) will be reuniting after 7 years!
- JD McPherson will be performing his entire “Signs & Signifiers” album. His sound is traditional Rhythm & Blues and Rock N’ Roll with fresh, exciting songwriting and a voice that channels the spirit of Little Richard and James Brown.
- The Rhythm Shakers are a 50s-inspired band fronted by a female singer reminiscent of Tina Turner or Amy Winehouse’s powerful vocal styles, backed up with a rockin’ stand up bass.
- The Polecats are a British band formed in 1977. Their original lineup is reuniting for VLV 23, including Boz Boorer who also works as guitarist, co-writer and musical director with Morrissey.
- Smokestack Lightnin’ are a German band who play Americana/ Roots music.
DATE: Saturday, April 11
TIME: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
WHERE: The Orleans Hotel, 4500 W. Tropicana, Las Vegas.
TICKETS: One day tickets are available for the car show for $40 in advance and on the day.