The Mask Task Force has been assembled due to the dire news of the mask shortage, amongst other items, to fight the COVID-19 crisis and support our front line medical and health workers, senior centers, food bank, CCSD food distribution volunteers and more. The Las Vegas Fashion Council is reaching out to the following entities to assist in this effort: apparel industry, uniform companies, manufacturing companies, Hotel Entertainment wardrobe departments, Designers and Seamstresses.
Today, the Las Vegas Fashion Council Mask Task Force donated 50 masks to UMC Hospital, made possible by Lauren Browne Sugars owner of Slumberfest Sleepovers, as well as masks were also donated separately by Kevin Smith with Trade and Fashion Academy of Las Vegas.
The Mask Task Force has creating a grass roots effort for all hands on deck to reach out to our community to assist with donating in the following ways:
- N95 masks
- Volunteers for Production of reusable Masks
- Donations of materials
- Drivers to assist with distributions
- Financial donations to purchase fabric and materials
To learn more information for the #masktaskforce, please visit the website at http://www.lasvegasfashioncouncil.com/mask-task-force.
Other ways to help:
- FILL OUT REQUEST FORM: http://www.lasvegasfashioncouncil.com/request
- FILL OUT VOLUNTEER FORM: http://www.lasvegasfashioncouncil.com/volunteer
- DOWNLOAD MASK PATTERN: https://www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern/…
- LEARN HOW-TO DIY MASK: https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Cloth-Face-Mask/
For more information, visit the website at www.lasvegasfashioncouncil.com and stay up to date on upcoming events by following LVFC on Twitter @LVFC_NV , Instagram @LVFC_NV and facebook.com/LasVegasFashionCouncil.