Fear spreads faster and is more contagious than CORONAVIRUS. Why? Because we are wired to run then hide when we experience fear and for the first time in most of our lives, there is nowhere to run and nowhere to hide from Covid-19.
Triggering the core of our fears, we feel TRAPPED. When we feel trapped (quarantine) we feel alone, separate and vulnerable. This feeling goes against our primal wiring of ‘safety in numbers’. Fear also sets off a barrage of biochemistry that has us eating too much, sleeping too little and nervous about each cough, wheeze and sneeze.
How did we lose control of ourselves so quickly and how do we regain our sense of balance during an off balance time? Mind control has been much studied and practiced in the form of meditation, yoga and prayer. So how did we lose our minds so quickly over Corona? We didn’t. We lost our mind control. The best part of us that is deep in the subconscious. Our subconscious mind controls our emotions like fear, anger, sadness. It also controls our beliefs like hope, faith and perspective on health and survival.
Our conscious mind, on the other hand has us conscious of every little ache, pain, cough and sign of fatigue. Reading everything we can get our hands on which has left many of us paralyzed by fear. Watching endless grocery lines, people hoarding toilet paper, Tylenol, masks & gloves is a constant reminder we are in a state of emergency. Watching the stock market collapse, government lock downs and retirement funds disappear, leaves most in a state of fear and panic.
However switching our mental motherboard to our subconscious thoughts can provide a sustainable, non-invasive and holistic way out of troubled thoughts and doomsday thinking. These super easy-to-do coping skills and ways to self-sooth from home, help us get through this time feeling comfortable and reassured by getting back to the core of who we really are!
Best-selling author and celebrity hypnotist Kimberly Friedmutter can help by:
1. Talking us off that ledge by sharing with us the 1.2.3’s of fear and how to cope. All emotions including fear come from our perspective of what is happening to us. When we shift our perspective, we can shift our health (activate our immunity), our expectations (knowingness this too shall pass), our productivity (what we do with our time in quarantine).
- Close your eyes and go within; settle into a comfortable position.
- Imagine yourself at your best time in life; when you looked and felt your best.
- See yourself doing something active; run on beach, riding bike, shopping, hiking, etc
- Feel how strong and vital you feel
- Smell how good the air smells around you
- Hear the sounds and how alive everything is around you
- Imagine yourself getting stronger and more powerful with every breath
- Visualize everything around you getting more intense with color
- Imagine those things around you getting brighter with each breath
- Imagine the sounds getting louder
- Notice how you control everything around you now
- Notice how you decide what gets brighter, louder and more colorful
- Allow yourself to enjoy this feeling
- Realize you are in control of everything around you
- Notice your fears are gone and you have regained control of your surroundings
2. A lot of frustration is circulating because we don’t know what to do with ourselves or how to focus on anything but Corona! With productivity down, stifled creativity and paralyzing fear, it’s the perfect time to get back in focus.
- Close your eyes and go within
- Imagine yourself floating high above the Earth on a magic carpet
- As the carpet rises effortlessly, you find yourself with less and less Earthly thoughts
- Your thoughts become oriented to futureyou and future endeavors
- Notice how good it feels to think this way
- Notice how creative you are feeling
- Notice how quiet it is in this space; how peaceful it is here
- Remember the creative things you wanted to do; work, personal, relationships
- Visualize doing each one of those creative things to completion
- Notice how great it feels to be productive
- Slowly return to your room from your magic carpet ride
- Open your eyes
3. Many of us are wondering ‘where did our happy go?’ At a time when we feel less connected to our health, wealth and happiness, this quick exercise will have you reconnected to what delights you most.
Happy I Am!
- Close your eyes and go within
- Call on your higher-self; the part of you with the best intentions
- Imagine what made you the happiest in the past
- Call on it to appear in front of you
- Look between you and your happy time and notice energetic chords of attachment
- Notice where and how these chords are attached
- As you look at each connection, imagine strengthening those connections now
- Notice how easy it is to tighten these connections increasing the happiness you feel
- Thank your happiness for showing up in this way Imagine absorbing this happiness you feel into your body
- Feel the glow of your happiness
- Slowly open your eyes
UCLA Health Systems Board Member-at-large, American Board of Hypnotherapy, Certified Master Hypnotist, American Board of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Certified NLP Trainer, Certified Master Practitioner, International Hypnosis Federation, Spiritual Counselor Specialist, Medical and Dental Specialist, Researcher Division Registered Member, Coaching Division Registered Member, Association for Integrative Psychology
Subconscious Power: Use Your Inner Mind to Create the Life You’ve Always Wanted (Simon&Schuster/AtriaBooks)
A globally acclaimed hypnotist, former radio host on KLSX 97.1 FM Los Angeles. As seen on CNN, CNBC, FOX, NBC, ABC, TLC, HBO, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, Oprah Magazine, Daily Mail, New York Post, Miami Herald, Boston Globe, Newsday, Washington Post, Woman’s World, In Touch, Life & Style, People, OK Magazine, Hello! and others. Kimberly enjoys her private practice as a personal advisor in sports, entertainment, business and personal matters.
Visit: http://www.kimberlyfriedmutter.com for e-course, available now!